Part 34

Mohit POV

Today's drama was one of the most high voltage episode of daily soap Chavan Niwas ke Angare. Don't laugh please because its Karishma given name and hence is tacky. 

{"Well you Chavan people don't deserve stylish royal names"

"Karishma mera footage khana band karo." }

Patralekha vahini was on verge of tears watching her not so carefully crafted plan going to the drains. Bhavani kaku was furious on her behalf. It was actually hilarious to watch them who looked like diwali was cancelled. My own mother and father were enjoying free show set by all of the family. What I waited for was Ashi ma's master stroke. Yes you heard it right. Even though Ninad Kaka and Sai thought they were playing game nah you were being played by her guys. I being right hand of my Ashi ma it falls on me to tell you guys the story worthy of telling in the history of this Chavan khandaan.
Patralekha decided to tear up the tickets to end it for all and final. Ashwini how ever had other ideas. Why to waste money and paper just because Patralekha decided to have temper tantrum.
Then so many things happened at same time. There was bell ringing, Sai decided to join conversation and tried to stand up and Bhavani opened her mouth to accuse Ashwini or confront her but, Ashwini who knew who on the other side of door was calm and cool as ice.
"Mohit will you open the door please?"
"Sure"
Mohit opened the door and there stood confused Patralekha' s parents and a guy in uniform.
"Mr and Mrs Mohite-patil  please come in I was waiting for you only"
" Yes we came to see off Pakhi" Patralekha's father answered.
"oh actually no need for that but still you came it was pleasure please today have a lunch with us all" Ashwini still had that pleasent but sharp smile on her face.
" Mam, I am Daljit Katiyal  from Samrat Salunkhe's battalion who cooperated with him from head quarters at desk."
"Yes you informed me on call"
" Yes mam two days before Mrs Salunkhe came to our headquarters for some formalities; and we informed her about Major Salunkhe's whereabouts in Ladakh however she left before our complete conversation."
Patralekha was now fuming it was direct insult thrown at her and that too infront of her parents and in laws.
"You said that some documents needed to be signed in Shimla"
She burst out that on poor Daljit.
"Mam you didn't hear me full that's what I was saying, documents needed to be signed but not in Shimla but in our head quarters office. Woh toh acha hua ki Ashwini mam as Salunkhe sir's first contact person called me for further procedure I could get into contact aap toh apna number bhi chod ke nhi gyi."
Now that was most embarassing thing for Patralekha to get reprimanded by mere person in front of all. Virat looked relived.
" These are documents which needs to be signed please sign them so that we can  deposit in our records."
The next thing Patralekha wanted to tear after tickets were those bloody papers. But no what could dear Patralekha could do. All she did was signed the documents and saw her only hope her only chance to go out with Virat free from annoying people of Chavan niwas went away with Daljit.
As she turned to go towards her room she stumbled on her own suitcase. Oh how the mighty had fallen down.
" See problem solved" Ashwini clapped her hands in pleasure.
"So today let's have Ashwini special pakode and masala tea for now and then will do hearty lunch with gajar halwa as a dessert on side" Ashwini indirectly but firmly established her hold on household. It was clear indication to all in family that she had her watch all over Chavan Niwas.
Bhavani was feeling toothless in front of all. It's not over Ashwini she gritted her teeth but put on smile for Patralekha's parents.
She found best way to vent her anger in form of Sai.
"Aye jungli mulgi dekha ab toh nhi ja rha koi.toh ye saaman utha aur rkh do vapas kamre mein, yhi chahti thi na tum ab kyun natak kar rhi ho? Muze laga tha bechari Patralekha isi bahane jra ghum fir kar ayegi par nhi. Vaishali jee aap koi fikar mat karo Patralekha muze beti jaisi nhi meri beti hi hai." She tried to appease Mohite patils which was unnecessary actually.
Sai tried to get up and sudden pain striked her hard in her ankle.
"SAI" Karishma who  was nearest one and Ninad supported her jointly.
" Sai what happened?"
Now all Fiasco became clear in Ashwini's eyes. Sai had not pretended to whin in pain but she actually was in pain.
She had not tried or mock fell from stairs........
SHE ACTUALLY SLIPPED ON STAIRS AND HAD INJURED HERSELF.
"Oh no Sai it's swelling. Is it paining?"

"No shit Sherlock! I am jumping in happiness" Sai clearly was irritated. Kya karne gyi kya hokar baitha?

Now everything was uproar. Everyone gather around her Virat kneeling near her foot desperate and worried made Patralekha's heart ache.

Ashwini saw chaos and decided to take reins back in her hands.
"Enough stop crowding over there. Does anyone has spray?"

" Yes I do have body spray?"
" Are muh pe Maro usko" Virat thundered.
"Mohit stop teasing pain relief spray I am talking about"
" No I don't have that"
"Virat lift Sai and take her to room" Ashwini ordered and went for first aid kit.
Virat like a hero he was supposed to be lifted Sai in his powerful arms marched (joking) towards his humble abode.
Ashwini was angry as hell. She sprayed pain relief on her ankle. She did wrapped Sai's ankle in crepe bandage little tightly mind you.
Sai winced and Virat winced in her sympathy.
Ashwini went away in same mood.
After dinner
Ninad and Sai tried their best to look as invisible without Harry Potter's cloak as possible which was not successful at all. Sai even drank turmeric milk though she preferred bournvita one.
There was tensed silence on dining table and though food items were tasty one couldn't enjoy it properly.
As soon as lunch ended Patralekha's parents decided to skirt away from impending storm that likely to burst and promised to call Patralekha laters.
Somewhere in Chavan Niwas..
( Well in virat's room)
" How could you let this happen?"
"How will I know"
" Oh you should it was you"
" C'mon that cloth was nine yards how was I supposed to handle it?"
"Shush some one is coming"
" Yes and that someone now know your so called top secret mission."
There stood Ashwini Chavan all in her glory.
Ninad and Sai were cought red handed.!!
"Ashwini whatever you are thinking is not true"
" Yes whatever I am watching is also not true. How can you Ninad? Sai could have broken her neck, and you Sai what did you think this is? Daily soap set? You are going to be doctor or what? Compounder  bhi ban nhi paogi aisa kiya toh? I am really disappointed in you Sai. "
Sai was teary eyed by now and Ninad couldn't see her like that.
" Enough Ashwini she is already feeling sad and is hurt also stop scolding her "
"Oh really aur tum dono ne kiya woh filmfare award ke layak tha na?"
" Sorry Ashi ma I will never do it again"
" You better not"
At night after dinner.
Ashwini was returned to her jolly mood. Evening dinner was far more enjoyable and though Pakhi was in her mourning garb still ate  stomach full.
" Toh Ashi ma now Virat dada,  Patralekha bhabhi aur Sai toh ja nhi rhe Shimla toh fir jayga kaun" Karishma was too happy to poke Pakhi
Now whoever goes to Shimla or hell Patralekha was not interested.
" Aur kaun Jane wala hai virat tu kal ja ke tickets cancel kar lo abhi tak toh ho hi gya hoga hai na?"
" Bhavani vahini don't be in haste see we do have three tickets why don't you Sonali and Omi go for Shimla tour?"
" Are you out of your mind Ashwini" Bhavani thundered while Sonali was secretly happy.
" Why not please I insist hai na Virat?"
" Yes why not Bhavani kaku?"
Patralekha now was more than miserable. Haath Tak aya muh na LGA .
" Kya bol rhi ho aap Ashwini mami is Umar mein itni thund unse shi nhi jayegi" but... That was wrong thing to say, though Patralekha wanted to be in good books of Bhavani mami Ashwini knew her better. She knew Bhavani was pretending to be angry and denying but who will leave free chance to your that too in Shimla. Bhavani wanted to visit Shimla ever since Ninad was transferred there but couldn't, now she had a chance and was not going to waste it.
After lot of persecution three of them agreed and tickets were updated for tomorrow noon flights.
And you know who was most happy one......
Yes it was me Mohit and Karishma happy to see them off .
Ashwini ma really is genius.
She knew Karishma had court session in Mumbai and I had to report headquarters there she do flawlessly arranged that even her left hand might not know what right hand was doing...

Same time somewhere in Nagpur Gadchiroli area one uniformed person came back from Nagpur city...

"Yaar Samrat tere ghar wale pagal hai"

Daljit sat huffing and puffing before laughing Samrat

"Acha fir ye ladoo? Muze lga tu raste mein hi khatam kar de ga?"
" Ye dusra dibba hai ek Maine khatam kar diya"
Expasarated Samrat could only shake his head in in what look like dismay and amusement .

Hey hi I think I did not wait you for long. Tell me who you want to read next. Comment if possible.(pretty please) I love to read your thoughts also. Yes what you felt about surprise above is also welcome to comment on.
Image courtesy google
Next to read POV
Patralekha/ Pulkit/ Samrat.