✗ 3 ✗

I couldn't believe my ears. Am I dreaming? I must have my hearing failing on me. The bully before only called me unsavoury names before like ugly. Never in a way that sets me off like this in a word "cute".

"Did I hear it right?", I asked out of shock. I must have looked hilarious with my eyes gaping at him because his demeanour change and he laughed.

He slanted backwards with ease and rest one of his feet up on my desk before giving me a rude glance.

"Will you really believe me? You think you're not hideous, that I don't want to be seen with you at all in the public?", he grunted, making a face of disgust in my extent.

There goes my self confidence as it levelled down. It always does in his company. I didn't know I was that ugly for him. Is it because my hair is not long enough to hide my face from his sight? I mean, I don't wear any make up since I have no time earlier, so maybe it's my dark circles that I can't hide today without a help of a concealer.

Stop thinking about it so much, Y/N and he was not the only guy in the world. There's someone out there who could see you and can say that you're beautiful enough to be right.

But it still doesn't stop the pain I feel everytime I hear him say it. It doesn't hurt as much when others say it, but coming from a person that you liked for years and despite of that, there is something about Jay that makes it hard to forget about him.

"Stop staring at me you fucker, it's creeping me out", he shouted out loud, getting everyone's attention in the room.

Everyone started to laugh at once while they whisper to each other. Well, maybe except for Jake who was shaking his head from his seat and Heeseung whacked Jay quickly with his stationery. It didn't help to make me feel better.

All I feel was embarassment as I turned around with my head down. My eyes stung showing how sensitive I am and I forced myself not to shed a tear. He's not worth the tears, I chanted to myself.

As soon as the class was over, I got up quickly with the chair screeching as I pushed it backward in my haste. I took my bag and move around chair door before I run to where Jake is waiting for me, his eyes trained hotly behind my figure.

"Let's get out of -", I was about to clung onto his arm when I suddenly felt cold water being splashed down on my skirt. I let out a squeal and turn around to a laughing Jay while he held an empty water in his hand.

"Jay, what the hell did you just do to a girl?", Heeseung exclaimed, his eyes widening while Jay just laughed in response.

As for his other friend, Sunghoon can only roll his eyes at the situation, "What do you expect? Let him do what he wants and waste what chances left does he have"

"At this point, there's nothing for him anymore", Heeseung muttered before looking at me, to maybe say sorry.

What did I do? I only felt the utter humiliation inside me as felt the black skirt tugged on my skin and I already knew how soaked it was, so I tried to hide it with my bag, then Jake handed me his jacket to wrap around my waist.

"Let's just go", he whispered to me, and I nodded, knowing our friends was already waiting at Mcdo to spend our lunch there.

But before we could fully exit the room, Jay grabbed me away from Jake and he leaned down to whisper in my ear. My heart leapt as my breath hitched at the contact of his breath against my skin.

"Next time don't wear that skirt, it doesn't look good on you like in highschool", Jay stated with so much hate.

So he do recognize it from back in the days of our highschool days. I knew it was short now compared to before because I got taller. I wasn't going to wear them at school for reasons like this. But I didn't have a choice since my jeans were stolen from my so-called dormmates.

I wanted nothing more than to retort back something that I would regret but all I did is to push him away from my comfort space. It would only make things worse if I speak up for myself.

"Jay, just stop messing with her, please. She doesn't need another problem in her life such as you", Jake says for me as he finally took the opportunity to take me out there.

I sighed in defeat before following him without a word, and once we were there inside his car, the tears I was holding down finally prickled down as it turned into a full blown sobs.

Jake did not say anything. He only offered me the tissues from the dashboard. He was already used to this me, anyway.

"Why did he have to be so mean to me, Jake? I have never done anything to him", I started crying my eyes out, "I hate him so much"

"How can you hate the person you were even dreaming about?", Jake replied, which did not help.

"I don't know. I'm so stupid to feel this way", I said before picking up a tissue to blow my snots on it.

It was so loud and so forced that it nearly flies out of the way of the tissue. And if not for Jake being nice, he would've been disgusted. All he did is laugh at me that I just snorted and before long, I was doing the same.

Once he recovered and assured that I've already calm down, he started to drive us on our way, "I think it's better for you to look at the other guys"

"How?", I asked, looking out the window.

"Even if you did not like them, try it out and see what you can find. Maybe even happiness", he said convincingly.

"You think I'll never find it with Jay?", I asked dumbly, again.

"All you will find with him is pain and he's not even worth it", he replied, reminding me of all the times I did not listened to him.

"I know", is all I can say, which we both know it's a lie.

I'ved never learned from my mistake, after all. Perhaps soon, it will do.