✗ 14 ✗

Jake and I must have stayed too long in talking to each other because the room was already full by the time I got to my designated seat. The others stopped what they were doing just to look at me.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat from their stares while I wonder what I could do wrong to receive this kind of attention and I tried not to have a panic attack.

Some girls were scowling at me while the boys were whispering to their friends. I shifted to scan the room to see the rest.

I got more afraid when my eyes landed on Ara and Payton who was sitting at the back. They were already staring at me with a murderous expression etched onto their caked faces.

I swallowed harshly and turned around quickly to the front, my eyes looking down at my feet in realization that I did not share this subject with Jake. It was useless really because I could still feel their eyes, I could still hear all their false assumptions of me.

And all those opinions to me was too much for me that I nearly cried.

Just ignore it, I thought to myself as I waited for the teacher who was taking too long but thankfully, it's like the holy man up there heard my plea when I saw who entered the room last. Heeseung smiled as he chose to sit down next to me.

I gave him a small nod and smile,  hiding how grateful I was for his appearance before reaching in my bag and pulled out my notebook along the pen. He was still watching me as I made sure to not look awkward in front of him.

"Um, is there anything you need?", I asked shyly. I hoped I hadn't hit a nerve already.

Heeseung's shoulders slouched slightly and he looked to the back, glaring at the ones talking the loudest about me as if they had insulted him in some way.

"Don't mind them", I then blurted out quickly, "I'm sorry about that"

He looked back at me and raised an eyebrow, causing me to catch my breath in my throat.

"Why are you apologizing for something that's not in your control?", he asked.

I gulped and stuttered for a second before answering his question, "I can't stop them from doing it'

His eyes seemed to penetrate me through my soul. After a couple of seconds of Heeseung staring blankly at me, his handsome features suddenly turned into that of confusion and annoyance.

"Y/N, if you'll allow me to be your -"

"Heeseung, it's best if you listen to me now because I'm already starting the lesson", our teacher called out to him, cutting him off mid-sentence.

He frowned slightly, evidently annoyed at the intrusion, and he turned back to the front with a smile.

"Of course, Ma'am, my mistake", he said, and after that, the class finally begins.

Halfway through the subject, the teacher paused when her phone rang and she excuses herself out of the room for a while. My heart raced the instant the sounds of heels hitting the floor as I knew Ara could get away with anything right now.

No one will stop her from teaching me a lesson.

The hairs on my neck stand up in attention as I felt their presence behind me. Heeseung was already looking behind us and I knew it was already the brainless cheerleaders. I could smell their perfume now, it was that strong.

"Ara, whatever you were thinking to do, stop and go back to your seat", Heeseung warns them in advance.

"Sorry, but you're not my dad for me to teach me what I want to do, loser", Ara's overly cheerful voice taunted.