✗ 31 ✗

How did my life had taken a drastic turn in just two weeks?

The version of me before, the one who can't even look Jay in the eye, wasn't still unprepared when I got to school the next day and upon spotting his motor that he usually ride to campus even if he had a car, I decided to walk the other shortcut for him to not see me.

Hopefully, today would bring a better news.

Jake was my biggest source of strength as he's the one to distract me the whole day. He was also the one to help me around Ara's clique and he was there to tease me by calling me his favorite problem.

"And if I did not keep my words, Niki and Sunoo would kill me if you cry to them", he joked, wiggling his eyebrows.

A watery giggle was all it took for me to regain my composure as I walked, arm in arm with him and we made our way to the cafe near our school.

Sunoo personally suggested it, saying their cakes or his favorite flavor of mint choco was in their new menu.

When we finally reached the table where Sunoo and Niki already bought us slices of cake, I was thankful their conversations was all about them. Not until Jake turned it towards me in the end after his phone beeped.

"Jay was looking for you around the school at the moment. He was literally turning each room upside down", he said, reading something in the screen.

"Who told you that?", I asked, daring Niki not to open his mouth.

"Sunghoon. He was asking where are we? He's getting tired of his friend, he said", Jake shrugged before setting his phone aside.

"Would you not tell him?", Sunoo questioned, working his way around a matcha cake.

"Did something happened between the two of you?", Niki says pointedly, his eyes turning mischievous.

My eyes widen in shock but thankfully the panic was perfectly hidden. My heart beat started frantically as I got afraid to answer that question.. What was I supposed to say?

I slept in his house twice now and I have to slip out the door so meticulously since all his friends was sleeping in the living room with him.

"I don't know", I replied, trying to seemed nonchalant.

I may look like a constipated idiot because I was holding my breath and they didn't look so convinced especially Jake.

"Why would he search for her that much?", Sunoo asked, surprise written on his face.

"Did he do something to you?", Jake demanded, both of his hands fisted at his sides.

At this point, Niki was already expecting for a drama as he keep on watching us with a cake icing ignored on the top of his lips. And Sunoo wiped it for him, reminding me how Niki is still practically a baby for us.

"No, he had been changing to me for the past few days actually", I rushed out, shaking my head frantically.

Jake raised his eyebrows, looking at me frantically, "I'll let it slide for now but this discussion wasn't over", he said pointing his finger at me.

"There is nothing to discuss. Why are you treating me like a child?", I exclaimed, feeling embarassed as Niki laughed and Sunoo shook his head.

"So is there something juicy news that I should know?", Niki asked, looking at me with that bratty smile. But we ignored him since I was more interested in changing the topic.

"Oh something definitely happened. We know when you're lying!", Sunoo pushed it before laughing at me and shared a high five with Niki.

"Can we just stop talking about this right now?", I said, irritated at their amused faces. I like it more when they're the ones turning on each other.