✗ 32 ✗

They said eyes were the mirror to someone's soul.

For someone who was edging more to the side of being realistic, I didn't believe it before. But now that I got stressed all night after I saw his interaction with Y/N, I can't erased it from my mind.

Even if she was standing at this moment before me, all I see is the way she smiled at Heeseung while he helped her. There's no doubt in my mind that she liked him, not as her crush or something but it'll eventually get there.

It would not be hard to be charmed by Lee Heeseung especially to a girl like her.

The very thought of it scares me. It scares me so much that I took a few steps back and groaned aloud before taking a look at her in desperation. Her eyes on me made me feel things I didn't want to feel.

I didn't want to have such an intense feelings for a girl who never onced looked at me in the way I want to.

But I don't know. I can't stop myself from expecting that one day, she'll look back and see me staring from behind.

I passed my hands swiftly through my hair and tugged at the ends in frustration.

"I don't know what to do, Y/N, you're making this hard for me to even say what I want to say", I mumbled, resting my back against the wall opposite hers.

Her eyebrows raised at my words and I expected it, her to be angry at me. "In what way do I make this harder between us? Can you even think back to how you acted to me?"

I was about to response, to defend myself when a knock in the door followed by a gruff voice of the janitor silencing us. There was no way to get in my point because once the door opens up, she was quick on her feet to leave me alone.

"Don't use the storage room to go down on each other!", the janitor angrily said that I completely ignored.

I was more desperate to follow her in the hallway even if there was too many prying eyes slowly turning on us. As they watched me tailed behind her, Sunghoon turned up from his locker and when he caught my eyes once, he mouthed only one thing.

"You messed up again, did you?"

I know I did and that's why from now on, I'm ready to make things right between us. Before it comes too late for me.

"Y/N.. please. Hear me out!", I keep on calling out to her, almost pushing anyone out of the way to get to her.

I hear her sigh frustratingly before she stopped and whirled around to face me with a displeased expression. It should be fine for now as long as there was no hatred in it.

"Can we talk today when we finished the project in my house?", I asked hopefully and her eyes were widening. Her expression made my heart flutter a bit as I bit my lip.

It's quite fortunate for me that her friend, Jake is still not appearing or else, she would be taken away so soon. That guy, for all I know, have some beef with me.

"Please", I said when she was taking too long to answer.

"I have no choice but be there anyway", Y/N mumbled and it was enough for me to lit up before I smiled at her.

"Do you want some take out? I could call a delivery or I can just cook something for us", I said, almost rambling but I can't stop it.

I'm getting too eager to prove myself to her.

"What about Jungwon?", she asked, looking at me in confusion.

"I know what he will be ordering, but he's not there today. He'll be going home for two days", I answered which proves to be a wrong remark.

Y/N's face suddenly turned from confusion to unsure as she looked between me and to the path behind her. Of course, I can't help but be disheartened. This is the evidence that she doesn't want to be alone with me in the same house.

"Uh, I got to go to my dorm now", she reasoned. She was about to walk around me when my instinct told me to grab her hand.

"You'll still be there right?", I asked hopefully, blinking my eyes at him.

She nodded before rushing out to leave me standing there and I can't do anything but allow it. The only thing I could do is watch her walk away.

Every steps felt like it was starting the growing distance between me and her at the same time. But then, when you think about it, I was the one who created the problem between us.

Once my last subject ended, I glanced back at Sunghoon as he finished packing his things. Dropping into step beside me, we walked out of the classroom and only to pause when we saw Heeseung was waiting for us by the door.

Should I confront him?, I thought seeing a small teddy bear peeking from the pocket of his bag and I knew he never bring those unless he's giving it to someone.

Sunghoon immediately engaged Heeseung in a conversation and I tried to the best of my position between them to ignore. They were talking about her, of course.

I let out a breath, this wouldn't do.

"Will you really be talking about her in my face?", I said aloud. My words halted the conversation they were having.

Sunghoon glanced over at me curiously, "Do you have a problem about it?"

"You know how I felt about her", I remarked, trying not to come off as rude.

They were the first two people that I confessed to about what I have with Y/N in the first few months that we were friends. And yet this is what I would get? It feels like Sunghoon was siding now with Heeseung.

And then there was Jungwon, the son of my once nice babysitter that I have been closed to since I saw him in his diapers. Whenever I talked to him about Y/N, he'll just be saying that if I didn't acted so much of a child, he would agree of me for her.

His words that he often say to kill me inside was, she don't deserve you.

Actually, it felt like the whole world was against me for Y/N.

"And she doesn't feel the same, right?", Sunghoom said, being nudged by Heeseung to stop.

"At least I'm trying my best now to make up for it", I explained, playing around with my fingers.

"But it doesn't mean that Heeseung here should stop for you", he quickly replies.

"Why?", I can only ask, not really confident to anger a friend.

He rolled his eyes making sure that I saw it. I mean, honestly, what was the worst I could do? I get what he meant. I've already done too many damage for my chances while Heeseung is faultless.

"Not to be mean or anything, even if Heeseung gives way for you, it would be up for Y/N to decide who she wants", he lowered his voice and took a step towards me so that only I would hear his next words, "He'll be asking her personally for her number today"

I chose not to speak another word. Instead I looked at Heeseung who looks guilty as he looked away and I brushed past him, making them walks after me and yet I did not speak anything.

Not even when they reached their cars and said their goodbyes to me as I settled down on my motor.

My mind never leaving the thought of Heeseung waiting by at the gates of her dorm.