✗ 53 ✗

Despite all the rooms in our house, despite the big open garden at the back, my favorite room is the one my grandpa formerly owns years ago.

My dad at least had the decency to always ask the maids to clean it everyday, as though it was never abandon to begin with. In a way, it felt like he was reliving him every morning that he would gets out of the door to say hello to his son.

But for me, my grandpa who was times a little slow due to oldness but was the best parent figure I could ever ask for.

He was my best teacher about appreciating things in life - my only friend back then - and my confidante and I hated that he can't be here in my time of need.

I spent near enough a week crying myself to sleep because I was once more alone in this house, trapped between my parents's decision.

"They're coming to visit today, Jay, so you better fix yourself up", my mom enters the room without announcing her arrival.

She found me looking like an old man in my room as I sat before the veranda that overlooked the garden. It seems that I'm just waiting my days off until the day I will be shackled into a loveless marriage.

"Don't mope around here. It'll be useless, anyway", she said then left the room with a huff.

Only when she was out of my sight that I stood up and walked to the closet to look for a decent suit to wear, but I don't need to. There's already a new crisp one hanging before my old ones.

I let out a small pained smile because they were really prepared for this.

Once I changed into it, I prepared to comb my hair, only to still at the sound of loud voices echoing from downstairs hallway all the way up to my room. It looks like the Kim's family was just in time.

In time to make my life worse with their daughter that I never liked to begin with.

My feet felt like lead on my way down the stairs after the maid came up to me to say my parents is calling me now in the sitting room. I reached for my phone from my pocket inside the coat to see her for a strength to survive this.

Y/N may never know it, but I once captured a photo of her sleeping in my bed at that place. The image of hers never fails to bring a smile to my face.

The phone died after a moment when I reached the top of the stairs and I could see my new life now, there she was, looking so indecent in her red short dress in front of my parents. And yet, they were all smiles at her, though looking so fake.

They're really a match-made in heaven. The looks in their faces brightens up as they finally heard me climbing down the stairs. It always me feel suffocated, there's no doubt about it.

"Your future husband is here, my dear", Mom wanted to make me laugh at how sweet she sounded.

"He will grow up to be just like you, I can see it now", Ara's dad uttered in pure fascination over me, "He and my daughter will be a power couple in the business world someday"

Ara, of course, can't help commenting for herself, "Nah, I want to be a model, dad. Jay will provide me all I need"

With the phone still clutched in my hand, I approached them silently, having no energy to say even a greeting. My dad was starting to eye me up in warning behind his visitors.

Only for my soon-to-be-bride to jump at me before taking me in a hug. She almost took me in a kiss, but I snapped my head to the side and I whispered to her heatedly.

"Get down. This will never be real for us"

"I will make it real once we were living in the same house next year", Ara whispered in return then she stepped back to her parents's side, looking sheepish.

Under my mom's scrutinizing gaze, she smiled shyly, "Sorry, can't help myself. We went into the same university after all, so I've always known him"

"And we didn't know it. I think they're really for each other", Her dad said, looking the happiest in the room.

Except for his wife. She resembles Ara a bit, although there's a strong differences. While her daughter looks so bubbly (and flirty), she looks so serious and sad whenever someone is not turning their attention on her.

As she watched me, it made me understood by that simple nod that at least one person other than me was not agreeing to this engagement.

"Why don't we go to the dining hall and talk everything out over a meal?", Mom then invited them to walk over in the dining hall at the end of the corridor.

This monster is now so different from the one who had taken me away from Seoul. She's so happy as she led them and my dad sounded every bit of a friendly man that he is but no one can see the way they always throw me glances whenever I made so much of a wrong move.

Before we could even reach it, Ara went up to me from behind our parents and she's smiling so big, she nearly looks like a clown with that thick red lipstick.

She would've been more beautiful to the ones who'd only like a trophy wife. Who I want is not even here.

"How are you, my hubby?", she asked sweetly. Is it possible to get sick of it so quickly?

"Will never be fine from now on", I answered honestly, seeing no reason to hide how unhappy I was about her.

She let out a disgusting purr as she went to cling in my arm, "I'm sure you'll be in our wedding night"

Is this really the woman they want me to have? Her foundation even ended up on the sleeve of my black coat after she layed her face on it.

She's already so pale, why does she needs so much of it?

Sitting in the long dining table was probably the most boring and if not the most forced friendly meal that I've ever had. I pretended to listened to them as they discussed something that I was supposed to be interested in.

"What do you think?", Mom asked to her future in-law as I tried to be more focus in my soup, "When do you think would be a good time for a wedding?"

"As soon as possible, ma'am", Ara interjected even if she was not the one being asked.

Her mom merely nodded her head slightly to indicate that she was still listening but she kept her eyes on me.

"I'll take a break", I excused myself before removing myself from the chair.

Ara's parents looked at me in shock in unison while mine is doing everything to tell in their eyes for me to stay seated. I only smiled at them before taking a bow and leaves the suffocating room.

I walked through the random hallways of this huge house that I once run through as a child with my grandpa chasing me, purely having fun together, knowing that my parents is not around then to chastised him for giving me too much freedom.

And now as I ended up stopping in his study, the door closed to me, he's the one I want to talk to the most.

If he's an angel now up there, I'm sure he would be for real, can I wish for something from him?

Just this one time, Gramps, please save me from my dad's plans to take over my life.