✗ 57 ✗

Home. It never felt like any place for me. I might always fall in love with Seoul but this is where I grew up and had all that good childhood memories with my parents.

Compared to Jay's, even if we were not that rich, only in the middle, not too poor, not too high on money. But at least they were both working hard to make ends for all of us.

For me to have a good life, they said, and they can still give me what I want even though I'm not too materialistic. So long as I can always have allowance to buy food, that was already enough for me.

In the past few days that we were here, Mom and Dad showered us all the attention they can give. It seems to overwhelmed Jungwon at how they almost baby him in his first night.

My parents must be a nice surprise after facing a heartless mother of Jay in that day.

That's why I found him following me up to my room when we finished dinner. He offered to clean the dishes for Mom, only for me and my Dad to watch them in a competition of who can hold out long in insisting their help.

"If only your mom did not experience a problem in her second pregnancy, the baby will be the same age of him by now", I even heard dad mentioned to me.

And now that I am up to my room, ready to call it a night yet it looks like Jungwon has something to say.

"I just want to thank you", he said eventually, eyes looking down on his feet.

He is standing by the doorway, so I gestured for him to sit in the bean bag before my desk. He did so without still looking at me.

"For what?", I asked, hitting my pillow gently then I layed my head on it.

"For all the things your friends did for me", he replied to me.

My eyes were now on the ceiling where it still has the glowing in the dark stickers of stars. The one I loved staring up in the night as a child.

I smiled to myself, "It's the least we could do. Your Jay hyung also wants us to look for you"

Silence visited the whole room and I just waited, knowing he must be preparing himself or either that mentioning the name was far too sensitive for him at the moment.

I don't know which. But aren't they still messaging each other?

"Do you want to hear a news about him?", he proceeds to ask carefully.

This time, I was the one who became silent. Do I really want to know? Will I really have the heart to recognize that he was the one I still want all along?

To be done with it, I just give him a nod, still wanting to hear how is he doing now. Were they forcing him now to fit for a white tux?

When will the wedding would be?

"He actually told me something before you left him that day", Jungwon tried to take it slow for my sake.

Perhaps he can feel that I might get shocked or be afraid of it because it has something to do with Jay.

Again, I only nod for Jungwon to continue what he was about to say.

He cleared his throat before spouting it finally, "If only you'd learn to love him as well, he'll left everything behind in that family"

Another unnerving silent went by to the two of us. I don't know what was running on his mind. As for me, I was pondering the things about how love can be a funny thing in life.

Actually, when you think about it, it has a thousand meanings or maybe even billions or like the countless atoms, we'll never know how many explanations there could be for love.