✗ 62 ✗

The first thing I saw at our house is Kim Ara.

I knew very well why she was here. She was the only person I know has motives in her every actions, very manipulative to get what she likes.

But never will she be able to have me wrapped around her fingers as I sighed and changed the subject in my mind.

"Where's my parents?", I asked as I looked around the huge house.

"Ah my dear fiance, what brings you home so late?", Ara's voice spoke up. She was coming down from the stairs in an expensive long red dress.

I'm pretty sure she would not be attending any party tonight but yet she likes to dress up even if there's no special occasion.

Maybe there is, only that it will end up to my favor.

She took her time as she elegantly walked down the stairs. The dark crimson lengthy silk dress she wore fluttered with each step she took and I tried not to roll my eyes at her slowness.

I looked up to her eyes and they were crinkled at the corners as she smiled down at me. I didn't returned it and it made her frown.

"Where's my parents?", I asked her, already walking pass her when she reached the bottom of the stairs.

"In the dining hall", she whispered, embarassed that the maids around us saw the way I treated her.

I turned around to face her once I reached the hallway facing the dining hall and could hear the sounds of the plates inside. But Ara was too busy glaring at the maids to acknowledge me, so I advances on my way to my parents with a goal in mind.

I trudged towards the dining hall and through the grand entrance, I ended up in the dining room where they were already seated at the table, filled with delicious looking food cooked by the house's chef.

My dad was at the head of the table while mom sat farther from him. She was never one to show affection from her husband due to the result of being a product of a arranged marriage as well.

At the moment they heard my footsteps stopping, they lifted their heads. I noticed that my dad's black hair needed a good trim, he also even needed to dye his already graying his hair.

His tired eyes settled onto mine and it turned harsh on my presence. Mom was starting at me in annoyance, probably vexed why I didn't bring Ara with me here.

I sat at the end of the table and right away started eating the food one of the maids placed in front of me. I noticed that she was pretty young, probably my age.

"Enjoy your meal, Sir", she stared at me seductively and I refrained from saying mean thing towards her.

What is she doing trying to seduce the son of her bosses? It wouldn't work on me. She wasn't Y/N and I felt disgust every time someone flirts with me. I didn't like the way she was looking at me before my mom excused her out of the room.

"So Ara has informed us that all the gowns and tuxedos is finished", Mom suddenly spoke, her voice held happiness.

The piece of braised pork that I was eating dropped down on a plate as I froze. Rage suddenly took over me at the reminder of the wedding and I slammed my hands on the table, startling them both.

The glasses that were filled to the brim with water toppled over and spilled it's content. Their eyes widen at my uncontrolled temper.

"There was no wedding that would happen", I seethed, glaring at them next.

"Jay watch your mouth and eat", my mom said with a sneer on her perfect red-colored lips.

"I'm not closing my mouth because from this day onwards, I'll not be your little puppet that you can bend down to your will!", I yelled, ignoring that Ara decided to appear in time at the doorway.