✗ 23 ✗

"Bye bye!", Niki shouted for us as we drove away from his school with Sunoo waving to us happily before they disappeared inside.

"Bye babies!", Jake said chuckling.

I laughed at him and told him to stop before Niki demanded for his family to adopt him. He will be bringing me to my dorm first since I need to change from my pajamas that I wore in the boys's dorm.

"Be quick or I'll be late to the meeting of my team", Jake rushed me out of his car, so I quickly run towards the building.

When I get inside my dorm, I was satisfied not to see any of my dormmates and the living room is void of any dirty substance at least. But I saw a crime so unforgivable in my closet because I couldn't find the new jeans that my mom delivered to me and I'm pretty sure who took it.

I shifted through my clothes and winced because all I find is a long dress with a floral design which I didn't really like but decided to put it on. Jake's patience was running out when I heard my phone ringing out from my bag.

After taking a quick scan, I went back to my room to grab my snickers and headed to Jake's car who was already tapping the steering wheel impatiently.

"Wow", is all he can say to my outfit before driving us again towards our university.

The whole ride was spend in quietness, quite a comfortable one but the awkwardness from yesterday night returns with Jake stealing glances to my seat from time to time. I wanted to ask him why. Is there something wrong in my face?

I almost dropped my hold on my bag, but quickly managed to catch it in the right time.

Slightly out of breath, I turned to Jake asking, "What are you looking at?"

I bit back a curse; why am I suddenly aware of everything about him? I felt the weight of it balloon into my chest.

Jake was grinning at me rather sheepishly, "Don't think about it too much. For now, we go ahead to our classes, alright?"

"Alright", I could hear the defeat in my voice, small and quiet and tired.

"Don't worry, Y/N. This tension between us would be solved soon enough", he said, tapping me on the arm after we get out of his car in the parking lot.

"Even if you still didn't get it", he meant it jokingly, trying to make light of a sudden bad turn.

I smiled, but I couldn't help but feel bad about him. It fizzed gently in my chest, like damped firework.

"Have a good day, Jake", I could hear my voice lighten and wished I could have sounded more normal.

But there were butterflies in my throat now, and they were all light pink. Jake gave me a look that I couldn't quite read; somewhere between amusement and something slightly darker.

Concern, worry. It was sketched lightly.

He stopped walking and bumped his arm against mine, "As always, I will just remind you to be careful around that guy"

"He's not going to hurt me. I wouldn't let anyone do it to me again", I smiled as if I wasn't bothered.

"But we really don't know if your feelings for him gets the best of you again", he spoke with an airy tone, passing it off as a joke but I thought I could detect the crack in his voice.

"You'll be the first person to know if it ever happens", I assured him.

Jake smiled a smile like a warm buttered toast.

I entered my first subject as the bell rang. Heeseung was there beside my seat as I slid to my desk, and he didn't look at me, doodling something on the back of his notebook.