✗ 39 ✗

I didn't speak to Jay the moment we were facing each other and it was difficult. He had spent the few minutes not saying anything and I was questioning my choice of going out for him.

But he had eventually gotten the hint.

"Come with me", Jay insisted as he pulled into my hand, "I'll take you somewhere"

"Why on earth would I want to go with you?", I asked, looking up at him curiously.

He rummaged through the bag that was sat in his motor to pull out what looked like a leather-bound book. I studied it closely, seeing there was words written on the front.

"I know you wouldn't-", he swallowed the rest of his words when he caught sight of me walking up to him.

Only to grab the book from his hand and I make sure to look away from him as I flipped the pages. Jay seemed determined to make me look at him and I was determined not to meet his gaze, however much it was set heavier on my face.

The book was apparently an album and it made my brows creased as I caught sight of the pictures, each one was the same picture, in a whole class photo, taken in a different year. They panned out my years of knowing Park Jay.

I skimmed through the album from first year and second year highschool as we weren't still classmates then. When I arrived onto the picture of third year, I looked at the two of us.

We were the only one posing in a different posture because he was messing my hair and I looked distressed while there was a fond smile on his face.

Then came the picture from the last year of highschool where he stood behind me. His hand obviously bothering me as it tickled me behind that time. I was laughing. To be specific, he's doing the same thing.

But then came the other pictures and it was a collection of stolen shots. My personal favorite would be the one I was alone in the library while it looks like he captured it from behind the bookshelves.

The last picture was of the first day in our classroom. There was only me introducing myself to our classmates. Risking a glance at Jay, I sorely wanted to ask him why is he giving this to me.

Closing the photo album, I let out a sigh. Why had he never told me before it's too late?

Once I was satisfied that I can finally utter a word, I extended the book for him to have it back, only to be swept into a hug.

"I missed you", Jay muttered into my hair then stiffened, having clearly remembered the bad terms that we were on the last time we met.

When I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tighter, all of the tension seemed to drain out of him. I was only doing it for a cause, but he didn't have to know it.

He pulled away from me, keeping his hands on my arms in order to keep me close to him, "Won't you say something to me?"

"Why did you never tell me?", I asked as he glanced down at me hesitantly.

"I was scared", he replied even though it wouldn't have mattered for me to hear, "And now I was too scared of losing you to my friend"

His eyes remained fixed on to me, his shoulders tensing when I smiled as we both know who he was mentioning. So he have seen to it, but how could he not if Heeseung is sometimes leaving them for me?

"You don't get to wonder about that, but what are you so scared about?", I said, pretending that I didn't see him flinch, "Scared to see that he had won the game even if it still hadn't start?"

"I know", Jay said with a sigh, running a hand through his hair and he met my eyes, "How can I fight to a guy that had been good to you all this time?"

"Tell me something I don't know", is the last thing I was supposed to say.