✗ 46 ✗

After an endless amount of trying, I collapsed behind Jungwon as I tried to hide my tears from her and listening to the breathing of the boy before me, I didn't know whether the game would continue or end.

I felt guilt at the fact that I hadn't shed tears for Jungwon's story about his mom. At first, I supposed because I was so used to heartbreak, but I still felt ashamed of myself.

I heard her sigh, acknowledging how much of a disappointment I was for sure. It wasn't just in her eyes, but me to myself that felt it all this time.

After a long exhale from her side, she started it at last, "My worst day was in the prom when Jay scared my date and poured the wine on my gown that night. There are worse things to remember, but for a girl hoping to have at least one good memory from highschool, that was important to me"

There was a silence then, followed by a concerned look of Jungwon to me but I signal him to not cut her off.

"That's why it was a big deal for me, and I was crying and trying to explained to our teacher what happened, but it was so embarassing...", she trailed off as her eyes wander away from us,

"And he just yelled and yelled until I had no choice but to go home after. That was the day I started hating Jay a bit, but I guess it was good for me in a way since that guy turns out to be a jerk, but that night was still awful"

Jungwon, not wanting to make me feel more bad, slightly gesturd to himself, "I'm sorry about that", he said, "but this game was starting to get serious for me"

"How about I start next?", I suggested, finally removing myself from behind him.

I knew in my heart that it was bad for me to look back at that prom, but trying to forget them was harder than anything.

And if she would be willing to know, I overheard the group of that guy who asked her to be his date from the restroom ahead of the prom night. He was talking about how it would just be easy to drug her drink before he will try to get her alone in his car.

Long story short, I subtly riled him up when the day happens and because Allan makes him out as one of the people offending him, they helped me get rid of him in the gym school.

As they enjoyed scaring him at the parking lot, I took my chance for her to notice me and I knew it wasn't nice, I was wrong to pour the drinks on her but at least it was worth it, I got her attention and she was probably the prettiest girl there.

I think I was planning to ask her on a dance if she had not avoided me in the first chance.

That's a bullshit reason right there, but I'm ready to make things right now, that is, if I'm still not losing over those guys.

I quickly shut off those thoughts and began to speak, "My worst day is probably the same day as my best. We came from the Ocean land after and my grandpa told me to change. No one is still home that time"

As she listened to me, she lay her hand on her back with her hands locked behind her head. I spoke softly and quietly, but the day was becoming quieter night - the sunlight gone now from the window behind us with the arrival of the night.

They could hear me clearly now.

"I went to my room, and he was in the living room, I guess and then he screamed and I ran out, and he had fallen over the floor", I cut myself off for a while as I waited for them to process it.

Or for me to not cry over that saddest memory of mine.

"He was lying there, holding onto his chest and jerking. And for a six year old kid, I freaked out. I should have called for help, but no one would hear me since the house is so big and the neighbors was too far out of reach"