✗ 8 ✗

What I hate the most about me is that I think I may have symptons of social anxiety. Like right now, in the face of a raging eagle, I was editing the fuck out of everything I wanted to say mentally, so I don't come off as annoying.

Or maybe for saying too much that no one asked for or cared about.

Jungwoon looked between the two of us as his mouth form in O shock as my eyes widen in fear and Jay's furious eyes settled on my bruises. I quickly moved my hair in the way to block it from his stare. But it only seemed to worsen his mood, his eyes now glared into mine.

I looked helplessly to Jungwon who just shrugged, "I'm out of that issue, sorry", then he just abandon me perfectly in Jay's company.

It took me a while to realize that Jay had walked closer to me. I have to crane my neck to look at him as he walked around me, like one of those people in the airport. His face was settled in a displeasure now while he moved the my hair away from the back of my neck, seeing the mark of a heel in there.

"Did you not hear me at all? I asked who the hell did this to you, I'm not repeating myself", he said slowly as if talking to a child with a little understanding.

His eyes now turned colder as I didn't answer. This was the last straw for me to spike up my own anger. I stepped back to create a little distance between us. I can't think straight when he is snarling to my face.

And why the fuck he was acting like this was my own fault?

"I think you know the reason very well why did this happened to me!", I said harshly, shocking the both of us, but I did not hold back. Maybe from all the pity I have for myself fuel me up, "It was because of you that they keep targeting me as well!"

He staggered back at my words, not expecting the harshness and the loudness in my voice. It must've been the first time he saw me exploded that his eyes were now filled with wonder, as if what I just did is something to be proud of.

Jay cleared his throat to ease the tension that was settling between us as he finally regained his composure, "So you can talk for yourself, why not do this more frequently in school to protect yourself?"

"Well, if you have nothing nice to say, I should just leave because Jake might help me instead in this project", I lied through my teeth, hoping he'll just say yes and let me out of his sight.

But he didn't. He just sighed before nodding, "Follow me then", as he headed to some stairs.

I gave him a skeptical look before roaming my eyes in his condo unit. The scent of lavender was wafting from some of the candle holder in the sitting room. Every walls in covered in paintings that I did not dare to ask how much it cost.

The overall interiors was hell of a collection of expensive decors and the couches was all leather. There was even the modern massager seat in the side and the kitchen that we happened to passed by looks too big for a single person.

"Keep your eyes on the way", Jay muttered as he waited for me at the bottom of the stairs, then steps ahead of me.

I can't help but steady myself as I hold onto the glass railings, my mouth gaping like a fish out of the water when I see how grand the chandelier is in the second floor. And here I thought Jake was already too rich for my level, yet here we can see another person going beyond his wealth.

Once we reached a huge wooden door, Jay opened it and ushered me inside. Before I do, I entered slowly, glimpsing Jungwon is peeking subtly from the next room and he smiled. The smile was too naughty to ignore that my stomach settled with unease when I saw the state of Jay's bedroom.