✗ 13 ✗

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiousity has its own reason for existence, Albert Einstein once said.

That's the one I'm doing right now as I seek Jake's eyes, my gaze asking him to what must be going on to Jay. All the students around us snapped their heads towards us in anticipation. You can see they were just waiting for something to complete their day.

Whilst they all waited for a confrontation, I stared at Jay in alarm. My small frame hid instantly behind Jake who stopped to wait for him. He even whispered to assure me.

"Go now to your class", is what he says and I nodded gratefully.

Jay was rigid as he advances towards my friend in a long strides, his whole presence demanding attention from everyone. Behind him, Heeseung is doing his best to stop but he failed because Sunghoon was grabbing onto the back of his bag.

Tension is what all I could feel as I tried to run in the other direction and I'm already halfway through my first subject when I forgot one detail. Jay was taller and faster than me causing for me to yelp for the reason I feel him grab my arm, his firm is grip as he pulled me into a classroom.

"Jay, I'm telling you -", Jake aggressively shouted as he run after us, but Jay slammed the door on his face with a little bang and towered over me.

I gulped. He backed me up on the door that was being hit outside with one of his arm above my head and prevented anyone from entering. My knees were probably shaking by now. I can't help it.

We're alone and he had me trapped with his body.

"Why are you with him again?", he asked, a little softer this time. His head leaning down to the crook of my neck.

What the? Why am I being treated like this? Can't he feel that I'm running out of breath now?

And totally was I ready to die as his breath tickled my skin. It took everything in me not to laugh at how the feathering kiss on my neck was kind of tickling me. I have my most ticklish part there.

"Stop that", I breathed out and pushed on his chest. It was of no use because my strength did not even affect him.

To my utter horror, he lifted up his head from my neck and let his eyes search my shaking ones. Jay studied me for a second before scowling.

"You know I don't like it when I see you with the other guys", he mumbled, not letting me recover and leaned down to only a breath away from my lips.

As everybody could imagine, my heart cannot be controlled. It wants me to just close the distance between us, but the cautious part of my brain told me to prevent it from happening. Which one should I follow?

"Have you lost your mind, Jay?", I managed to say despite of me feeling troubled inside.

"What if I kiss you right now?", he challenged, his eyes were full of mischief. It never left my lips on it's gaze, "Would your friend like that?"

Never in my life would I have thought that I would ever hear Jay, my bully says it to my face. The way he spoke and look at me was in contrast to his usual actions towards my being.

I thought he said that I'm ugly like he so reminded me for every single day. I shouldn't fall for it. He was definitely planning something.

Before I could answer, a teacher opens the door and Jake is quick to get me out of there. He was leading me away from Jay who had a look that says this isn't over between us. It caused me to look away as I allowed my friend to take me far from him.

As soon as we stopped to an area where there's no one around, Jake stopped and turned around to face me. He grabbed my hand, his eyes scanning my arms over to my face to see if I was harm.

I smiled to him when he looks at me before he asked, "What did he do to you?"

"I think he was planning to kiss me", I confessed, and honesty was not hard to do given that he was so nice.

He frowns in confusion, "Why would he do that?"

"I don't know but I have a hunch and it's not something good", I uttered, removing his hand from mine

He nodded for me to continue and I looked away, feeling hurt in my own realization.

"I think he was just doing it to play with my heart"

I wish I was wrong, but what could be the other reason for him to suddenly do this? Jake is obviously thinking the same thing as I. He closed his eyes, the thing he do if he's frustrated with the situation.

Then we were silent for a while before he flickered his fingers. He caught my eyes. He looked dead serious.

"I have a suggestion", he said, nodding to himself, "Only if you were okay with it"

Naturally, I was fine with anything since Jake had never been wrong in my opinion.

"Spill it, my friend", I urged him just to say it.

"Play along with him until you can break his heart as a revenge. He deserved it after all this time bullying you", he said in a no nonsense tone.

I blinked at him. I contemplated his words, so there was no way I heard him wrong, right?

Jake seemed to think I did not get him because he elaborated, "I'm not asking you to seduce him. If he is playing with you for real, you can do the same, but the thing is, you'll do it in the smarter way"

"I get it, Jake but I've never done it before. You know how I feel about him", I replied, calmly.

Yes, his suggestion was like the most ingenious way to break my heart in turn, well, sort of. I needed to be close to him, at least, if I actually wanted to succeed in this plan.

"I'm just suggesting this because I'm tired of seeing you hurt. Sunoo and Niki will tell you the same. Y/N, you're smarter than this. Follow your brain, not your heart!", Jake practically shouted, fanning himself as he leanst against the wall.

I blinked, near to the point of tearing up. I genuinely hated being shouted at by one of my friends.

Jake quickly saw this and his expression softened. He removed himself from the wall and enveloped me into a hug.

"I am so sorry. How could I forget you said there had been much fighting and shouting at your home? I feel so awful now", he said to me as I closed my eyes, feeling his comfort, "I should have known better than to get mad. Just please consider my idea. I don't want you getting hurt because of Park Jay"

We pulled away from each other as the bell rang. Jake smiled at me and I returned it gladly.

It was good to have a friend like him in such an odd time and an odd place.

"Come on, let's get you to your class", Jake said, already running ahead of me, "I could beat you there!"

I smiled as I run after him, "You can try!'

I honestly wasn't expecting for Jake to be like this when I first talked to him.

But he is already looking like an angel even in the first meeting.

Cry For Me of Twice - the english version would be the main theme song of this book.

Listen to it and the meaning of the lyrics was the way I imagine Y/N would feel in her story.