✗ 38 ✗

It's been one month since the confession of Jake and Heeseung to me. Time goes so fast when you'd been busy with the finals and I practically drown myself to either my dorm, or the library with Jake or Heeseung if he's available.

The two of us have grown closer and I think I developed a crush on him, if that was even possible. You can't stop it if sometimes, Lee Heeseung was there to listen to me.

We even talked a lot in my way home as we walked together and we were so engrossed about our topics that we almost forget we're already passing my dorm.

As for Jake, it's still the same as before. We just pretend what he said won't change anything between us, but it'll certainly did. I usually found myself being conscious of the way I acted around him because sometimes, I knew he would be so close into doing it.

I mean, what he said to me that day after saying he had feelings for me.

Nothing much happened today other than Jay showing me such compassion after ignoring me for weeks. I was on my way to meet Jake at the parking lot when I saw him with Ara.

It feels a bit strange for me to feel jealous to see them together like I was hurt. I even stopped to watch her cling into his arm but why does it hurt more because he was letting it happen?

But that was before he saw me standing there, almost so close to cross ways with them when he did something. He didn't keep it small, he made it public in order to draw as much as attention to it as possible.

Or rather, to draw my attention to them.

"I can't do this", Jay snapped in the middle of the hall, ending all of the chatters by the lockers as everyone's eyes fell instantly on him.

He increased the space between him and Ara, not even glancing at her direction as he announced, "I'm done dealing with your worthless and pathetic company"

"But Jay-", Ara attempted to plead with him.

"Shut up", he hissed as the rest of the students returned to their businesses.

I remained watching Jay and his eyes met mine before I too looked away, seeing that Heeseung appeared on my side.

"Are you available today?", he asked, noticing that I was suddenly quickening my steps.

"Will you be okay in joining me and my friends?", I wondered. He nodded and snatch my bag from me for him to carry.

However before we got to the direction of our destination, the cheerleaders passed by in their whole squad and as a result, we were caught in the middle of the hall.

"Look what we have here", Ara snapped to Jay. They saw us struggling to get through the squad, "After she's done with you, she's screwing with your friend"

Purely out of habit my eyes met Jay's, something that we had both taken into doing when we started avoiding each other. But I was sbocked by the obvious pain in his eyes, or at least the pain that was obvious to me.

Only it couldn't be. Or maybe he was trying to refrain from ever hurting me again.

When I released myself away from his gaze, I looked into Ara's hateful eyes and drew myself to my full height, pleased that I was a few inches taller than her.

"I know this'll be hard for you to grasp given that you're all beauty but no brain", I said sarcastically, "But don't compare myself to you when all the guys could tell here what you're only good at"

I flashed her a fake smile as we walked around them. Keeping my face blank, I acted as though I hadn't seen the pride shining in Jay's eyes.

"You really shut her up", Heeseung whispered to me as he smiled at me.