✗ 45 ✗

This was beginning to get more than a little ridiculous to me no matter how much I liked it at the same time.

Imagine I was absent for school today because I brought Jungwon to visit his mother's grave and only for us to see Y/N waiting in my doorstep. I knew that she have friends other than Jake and she can go visit Heeseung a few doors away, but why was it that she always seemed to want to stop in my home?

I was so tempted to call Heeseung to get her from here but that would mean I'm allowing him to fully take her from me.

"Tell me, are hiding something or is it just me?", Jungwon blurted out as soon as we get out of the elevator and we both had grocery bags in our arms.

We bought a stock first for this week before we got here and I spied her in front of my door. Just how long had she been waiting there?

And why did it seemed like she didn't feel the cold?

Because it was starting to snow now and yet here she was, as if she wasn't aware of the fact. Y/N was standing right the door, looking at it as if it would open for her automatically.

"I don't know. I woked up to her gone this morning", I said, shaking my head at that habit of hers.

"Why don't you berate her about her wearing something so thin today?", Jungwon pointed out as we keep making our approach.

And sure enough, when we drew close enough to her and saw the red tip on her nose, I knew I would proceed to do what Jungwon had said.

Y/N, finally spotting our approaching figure, turned towards me as she smiled shyly, but I brushed past her and went straight towards my front door.

I could see her face falls but Jungwon was helpful enough to tell the reason. This kid, really.

"Prepare for his life lessons 101 once he brings you again in his room", he was saying while I unlocked the door and headed inside.

I pointedly ignored the way her eyes trailed after me and I leave the door open for them as I walk straight to the kitchen to put my grocery bags there.

By the time I went back to the door because I spotted Jungwon following alone, I saw her still waiting outside.

"Are you going to come in or what?", I asked, pretending to tap my feet impatiently.

She didn't need to be told twice.

Upon hurrying inside, Y/N closed the door behind her and was shrugging out of her bag while I headed upstairs to change out of my winter coat. After replacing it with my pajamas, I pick out one of this smaller thick sweater of mine from the drawer before I found her talking to Jungwon down the living room.

So I stopped halfway through the steps and turned to listen.

"You should give my hyung a chance", Jungwon says and this caught my attention, "He is not that bad", he informs her, "If you must know, he kind of adopted me when my mom died last year"

I heard her pause for a moment, "Is that why you're here as well in Seoul?"

"Yes, I have no one anymore except for him", Jungwon told her and he sounded so serious, "If he didn't take me in, I would either be up in a foster home or out there in the streets begging for money"

She went silent. I think she couldn't imagine me to be that kind of guy. She knew me as the bully, but never the good guy in disguise.

"Is it alright for you to be telling this to me? This is quite a sensitive topic to share", she uttered gently as she gives him a sympathetic eyes.