✗ 58 ✗

Time seemed to stand still for me, and it felt like the day was longer than it should be.

My chest felt heavy like a million tons on my soft beating heart. The pain was unbearable. I had never felt like this before. This aching feelings in my chest that won't go away.

I stared at the tiny invitation in my hand, the color of ivory white and lavender and containing the day I will be locked onto someone that I haven't had the feelings for.

There was no hope for me, and I was a fool for thinking Y/N would say yes at my last suggestions with her.

I wanted to curl up in my bed and weep till my eyes turn red, but sadly, the preparation to the tux and the wedding gown was taking forever to end.

Why did losing her to her own bestfriend feel so bad? Like a piece of my heart was missing and the other trying to keep on beating even though it was painfully bleeding for my cirmcumstances.

I sighed for the nth time that day in despair, praying the fashion designer's roof would cave in upon us, so I can go slip out when the opportunity comes in.

"Hey, man, lighten up!", K scrunched up his nose in disgust as he stared at my depressing state.

Ignoring him, I kept walking with a blank stare on my face towards the parking lot. Nicholas and Taki behind him, but they didn't know how the girl still bitching outside to the poor employees on how to add more accesories in her wedding gown is not the woman I want to marry.

As for Y/N, I haven't seen her in weeks. The same went for my friends from Seoul. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. Heeseung were probably keeping an eye on Jungwon.

Y/N is spending more time with her boyfriend, Jake and happy to be finally free of me.

I slumped heavily on the backseat of K's car as he took the driver's seat with Taki beside him, and Nicholas in the back with me. My eyes stared out in the window in hopes of raining to associate itself with what I'm feeling inside.

"Okay.. what is wrong with you, Park Jay?", Nicholas asked, staring back at me in concern, "You've been acting strange since you wished for us to give out the invitations. Isn't this supposed to be your wedding? Why aren't you happy?", he kept asking while I stared lazily at him.

"Because he hated the guts of his chosen bride", K answered for me, not really ignorant to who I want.

"Then who does she want?", Taki asked.

"The girl we met at his unit once", K replied, applying a small sad smile to myself.

"I don't want to think about of it now. Can we focus on something else?", I asked tiredly, not wanting to talk about it just yet.

It was still too painful to accept the truth. I stared at Nicholas, who was busy typing something on his phone. He was oddly quiet. The Nicholas I knew would pester me with questions if he noticed my gloomy expression.

Plus, he also don't like Kim Ara for me.

"Nicho, who were you texting? Is it a girl?", I threw the question at him, to remove the attention from me.

I think I saw him freeze up as he slowly turned to the gazes waiting for him to look. We were still waiting for an answer as I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"What are you talking about? I'm just texting our other friends like Heeseung and Sunghoon", he shrugged and went back to checking his phone.

"Yeah... but why? They're already invited to that dreaded wedding", I squinted my eyes at him, trying to find if he was hiding something.

"I just want to make sure they'll be there to comfort you in your nightmare", he shrugged once more, not staring at us though.

Okay, he was definitely hiding something.

"You're not gonna do something are you?", Taki said, cocking his head at him.

"I was just being a helpful friend to Jay", he declared in vexation.

"You can help me by trying to stop the wedding by kidnapping Ara for me", I added quickly.

"Oh my god! What's with the interrogation?", he exclaimed out loud in frustration.

"We're just concerned and curious about you", K answered while I continued to suspiciously stare at him.

"Well, stop it. It's irritating to me", he huffed before gesturing for K to finally drive us away.

"You're not doing drugs, are you?", Taki asked him while eyeing him, bringing a smile of amusement to my lips.

"Taki?", Nicholas asked in a surprisingly cool tone.

"Yeah?"

"Shut up!", he almost yelled to the younger boy as we finally pulled into the road.

As much as I would like to know what he and the other friends of mine was planning, I had my own problems. I stared at the blue sky next, the weather was getting more better than my mood and my hopes is shattered as there was no signs of raining.

We dropped off Taki and Nicholas at their hotel first, for the reason I don't want them to face my parents. Then we set off for my place with me now in the front seat staring gloomily outside the window.

"So... wanna talk about it?", K suddenly blurted out, staring at me from the corner of his eye.

"Not really", I sighed, still staring out the window.

"You know what? We're going to have a time for ourselves, just the two of us to get your mind off of this forced wedding", he suggested, diverting my attention to him.

"I'm not interested, hyung. All I want to do is to sleep and forget about it", And cry till morning. But I didn't say that out loud as I leaned back into my seat.

"And I wanna eat chicken and pizza all day. But you don't see that happening, do you?", he sarcastically stated.

"I'm serious, K. I don't want to do anything with you", I huffed out, stubbornly folding my arms across my chest.

"Come on, you look like you wanted to jump off a bridge and it worries me", he glanced at me then, in concern before staring back at the road.

I sent a small glare at his way at how he described me, but I didn't have enough energy to fight with him, not when I was dreading the first day of January.

"Please, I hate seeing you like this", he tried one last time, breaking my resolve.

I guess a little more time away from my parents's house won't hurt. It might even help lessen the ache I feel in my chest if I got distracted.

"Okay", I sighed in defeat, "What do you have in mind?", I glance at him curiously as a smirk emerged from his face.

"You'll see", he replied before turning on the radio and immediately, Hurts So Good by Astrid S, blared out from the speaker and filled the car.

It was too loud and he didn't make it better by singing off-key to the song at the very top of his lungs.

Groaning in pain, I reached for my shades to put it over my eyes and leaned further back into my seat, covering my ears with my hands.

Right then, I really did wish to jump off the bridge.