✗ 60 ✗

God, what was I doing here?

What reason did I possibly have for agreeing with Heeseung to meet him in this restaurant downtown and why does he need me to bring Jungwon?

I could just turn and call back my dad to get us and he'd have no idea. I could do that and yet, yet I pushed the doors open and walked in anyway.

No one said that being a girl who chooses to ignore her boyfriend's calls was smart. Because the smart thing in this situation the second I saw Jake with him is to walk back the door or to leave Jungwon with them.

The smart thing was not joining them in the table when the two of them waved the moment they saw me.

With a sigh, I crossed the room with slow steps and reached the booth where they sat. Both Jake and Heeseung looked up at me with a smile, gesturing for me to seat because Jungwon already did sat before them.

But instead, I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes at them, "You said you had something to say to me, Heeseung", I started slowly, "Say it now"

Jake grinned, seeing right through me no matter how much I tried, "Why can't you just say that you're getting awkward because of me? Admit it"

Maybe I had become awkward with him being here because I can't even understand why is he with Heeseung. And maybe I had wondered whether or not this was their way of confronting me at the same time.

But there was no way in hell that I would admit it to them.

"Seeing as you don't have anything important to say, I'm going back home", I said to them, and knew that they could take care of Jungwon for me.

Heeseung was on his feet in an instant, reaching out to catch my arm. I stared back at him in annoyance, glancing pointedly at his hand on my arm.

"Ok, ok", he said with a sigh, lifting his hand from me and gesturing for me to sit, "Just sit down. We need your help"

Settling down with a sigh, I very reluctantly sit down beside Jungwon in the booth. Angling my body towards them, I tried not to demand that they began to speak before I really did leave them alone.

Except maybe words isn't their strong suit for some reason about to whatever they want me for help.

If they weren't going to speak, then I guess I would need to be the one to speak first, "Just so you know, people don't have all day. What do you need me for?"

"That sounds like you want to break up with me now", Jake teased, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Quit it, Jake, it's not funny", I reminded him, seeing right through his facade.

He raised his hands in surrender and I crossed my arms, wondering just how much longer this was going to go on for. Because this was going to be very annoying quickly, if any of them is just going to sit there like a pair of idiots.

"Listen", Heeseung started at last, and I got confused when he and Jungwon stood up, "Jake will tell you the whole plan, we need to meet Sunghoon outside"

And so they both took their leave, leaving me alone with Jake who was undeniably getting tense when they disappeared on his sight, as if them being there with us gave him strength.

Now that they're gone, he couldn't even speak for himself.

"Jake", my voice trailed off slightly when he reached out to tuck some of my hair behind my ear, his eyes growing solemn. And it doesn't suit him.

Clearing my throat, I asked, "What is it?"

"You know that Jay needed you to save him, right?", he asked me gently.

"Of course, I do, but there's nothing I can do about it now", I muttered to him as I wonder why he's struggling to keep talking.

"Then you know that when there's something you can do, that you just need to do it"

"Oh god", I muttered under my breath, having a bad feeling about this, "What is it?"

"Just understand that I need to do this or else I'll be mad to myself", he reached out towards me and I drew slightly away from him, "I need to break up with you, Y/N"

I stared at him for a while in disbelief. That's it? After waiting for so long, it would be easier for him to say this to my face and the Christmas hasn't even passed by.

"Haven't you noticed that you'd not been the same for me eversince you heard he's going to marry somebody?", he asked, his eyes diverted from mine, staring at everything but me.

He was silent after, but I could see the scowl in his face and his jaw clench as he thought about what he said. Our relationship wasn't even a month old, and this was already happening.

"Just as I thought", he shook his head in disbelief, "You don't even answer my messages while Jungwon told me how you've been spacing out all day in your room. And if you can't forget about him, whatever that it is going between us is nothing, then I can't be with you"

He whispered the last part as my eyes snapped to him in warning.

My heart clenched painfully in my chest as tears pooled in his eyes, but he couldn't back out now. I wanted him to stop, to stop hurting himself. I couldn't take it anymore.

"This is not happening", I croaked out, not wanting to hurt him.

"This is for the best", he then cried as he holds both of my hand in his.

I stared back at him, my tears beginning to pool out of my eyes to what he was about to do to us. I scrutinized his face, and even though he didn't let it show, I could see the desperation in his face.

I knew then he was afraid to lose me just as I was to lose him, but this wouldn't work if the other's heart was set onto another. Maybe he was tired of pretending of carrying our relationship all by himself.

"Please, leave now before I changed my mind", he pleaded with his eyes at me, helplessness was written all over his face.

I always knew that he truly cared about me, I wanted to go up to him and hug him, telling him I would never leave. The guilt of what was he is demanding me to do is weighing down on me but I can't also stay for him.

"Sorry, Jake", I forcefully whispered out past the lump in my throat and watched his face shattered in despair just as my heart was at the moment.

The tears I had been trying to hold in all came flooding out as I walked out of the restaurant, still gripping in my heart breaking for him.

"Oh, noona. Is everything alright?", I heard Jungwon asked as he hurried over to me.

I looked up and noticed that Sunghoon is here along Heeseung at their car waiting for me. They stopped what they were doing and stared at me in worry while I did my best to wipe my tears away.

It was then I understood why Heeseung acted the way he did earlier, he already knew what Jake is going to do and that I might not be too happy about it.

"I'm fine, Jungwon. I need a space for myself for a while", I replied to the boy with a forced smile, trying to ignore the tears on my cheek before heading somewhere, and out of their sight, leaving them stunned.

Just when I had thought the day would be a nightmare had turned out to be beautiful in the end.

Jake is now out in the game, alright?

This is a Jay fanfic, so there is no way in hell you would ask me for other endings to either Jake or Heeseung.

Even if you ask, nope, you'll only wait for nothing.