✗ 6 ✗

We live in a world where humans are free to think their own choices, and that means people can be facepalmingly dumb if they want. It makes you rethink whether or not this whole civilized society is a good idea to begin with.

Just hearing the stupid things people saying in full confidence is enough for me to want to live in a cave but here we are.

Due to the fact that Jake have a sudden meeting with his soccer team at lunch in the next day, I set off down the cafeteria alone even if my stomach churned at the number of students inside which were all talking about some mundane things.

The mathlete's conversation was acceptable while the wonder girls or should I say the cheerleaders near them is a downright disappointment. Who the hell cares about if you've bought the newest bag from Chanel?

As soon as I got my salad and drinks from the cook, I was ready to barf at the amount of mayonnaise that they put in my meal. With a barely concealed cringe, I searched for a table, one that would hide me perfectly from the royalty wannabies of this school.

I mean, like Jay and his friends in the middle of the cafeteria. Their tables was filled with popular kids, all laughing at the obvious avoidance of Sunghoon to this cheerleader, Payton who is a friend of Ara's.

While Ara practically sat herself on Jay's lap, feeding him fries. Her long pointy manicured nails prodding at his lips. It reminds me of nothing, but a witch nails. I even winced for Jay's sake as he is obviously struggling at her flirting and he was glaring at her from time to time.

Is this really the hope of our future, slutty cheerleaders? I questioned to myself at the impressive sight while trying to avoid passing by them and getting notice.

Luck wasn't on my side to side today because as soon as the girl I was walking equally with sat, making me stuck out in the view, his eyes fell onto me. Ara must've seen the action from Jay because she turned around and look at me as I tried to walk faster.

Her face contorted into rage before she got up. I don't know if I'm either clumsy or ignorant but I was too late in getting out of her way. She stepped in front of me and gave me one of the sweetest smile she could muster before taking my lunch tray and throw it in my face.

All the sauce in my salad goes in my eyes and I tried to wipe it, fearing for the worst when I'm allergic to mayonnaise. It's not that severe because I did not eat it, but still I didn't bring any medications to stop the effects.

Everywhere was silent until they burst into laughter as soon as Ara did, her nasty chuckles being the loudest. Some even took pictures of my embarassing state.

"That's what you get for staring at my boyfriend, you bitch!", she sneered, her eyes held mockery before she crossed her arms in a sassy move.

I heard a chair scraped the tiled floor and someone stomped toward us, which made me lowered my head even more. Then I looked up to hear the voice of Heeseung as he stood between me and Ara, his face unnaturally seething in anger.

"Ara, stop. It does not makes you look any cooler, but dumber", he said to her condescendingly but she just glared at him, looking menacing.

"Why do you always defend her when she's just.. what? A nobody that no one cares about", she angrily shouted back, her head looking around his body to glare at me.

"Because she doesn't deserve it, leave her alone", Heeseung said firmly as I watched him in tension.

She looked at him in ashtonishment before composing herself, "Jay, can you please tell your friend to mind his own business here?"

Everyone became silence as they turned to Jay including me. No one dared to speak as he sent a menacing glare at the cheerleader and she wasn't the least bit fazed by the gaze. If anything, she looked proud of what she had done.

"You're the one who needs to mind your own business", Jay said, giving her a mean look on his face.

With a disappointed huff, Ara angrily walked out of the cafeteria but not before shoving me to the side. I stumbled a little at her harsh treatment, but it's not as worse as the starting burning in my face while Heeseung looked down at me with a worried look when I begin to scratch at my skin.

What was I supposed to say? Because that was not an easy thing to do when it's stinging all over my face, and there is no way I would try to tell him to earn more pity. I look pitiful enough as it already is.

"Well, aren't you going to the restroom to fix up yourself? You look like a lost beggar asking for our money in a school", Jay told me after he got up from their table.

"Jay, that's not a nice thing to say to a girl", Heeseung as always is there to remind him. He didn't listen as it could be expected.

And my face heat up in embarassment before looking down at the tiled floor. He didn't say another word than scoffing as I heard his shoes fading away, letting me know that he wasn't here anymore.

My head lifted up slightly just in time to see him stepping out of the cafeteria doors with Sunghoon calling Heeseung to follow them.

The sight of Heeseung trying to tell them to wait before he handed his pack of wet wipes saddened me because he walked away later at their incessant calls. But I refused to let it show. Instead, I straightened my posture and headed to the door, spotting at the last second by the end of the corridor that Jay is talking to Ara.

It looks like the one I have feelings for would fancy the same girl who bullies me as well. They were a great pair if I have to admit.

That's what a match-made in heaven looks like.

Fun fact: the first thing that came on my mind when I described Kim Ara is Jeon Somi.

No hate, though. I can imagine her entrance at the cafeteria in Dumb Dumb MV, that's all.