✗ 20 ✗

We walked slowly along the way to the parking of our condo, almost taking my time. It was getting much darker at night much quicker now that the season is changing.

As I walked and tried to think why my friend beside me is quiet, I thought about Heeseung. I thought about how he was possibly the most gentle guy I know and with such a fantastic way of thinking.

I thought about how he was childish at times by choosing to be in his computer most of the times to play games and I had noticed he loves wearing shirts or pajamas with bears. He was so soft and so boring for the other girls, it's too bad that I can see him taking care of them more than they could imagine.

It was impossible for this guy to become... I can't bear thinking about it.

So deep in my thought, muddled with fragile eyes and harsh words, I should have expected it when I slammed into somebody as we entered the elevator and I clattered down onto the floor.

"What was that abou-", I paused when I looked up. I had to do my best not to gape. Stood over me was the tall kid I often saw with her in Mcdo, "You?"

He looked down at me. He looks to be suddenly annoyed upon recognizing who I was. It was strange seeing him here. It was even stranger seeing him without the other boys in his side.

"Er, I'm sorry", he held out his hand. I took it gingerly and he hauled me up so fast I swore he would throw me out of the door.

In the other hand, he was holding a duffel bag, like he would be spending a night to someone else's house.

"I'm going to a... Sorry", he muttered quickly before stepping out the elevator in the lobby.

I watched him go completely dumbfounded. I wondered if she will be joining them, if she will be sleeping with three guys or if that was a thing I shouldn't find out.

"Are you alright, Jay?", It was Heeseung asking me after a moment.

"Yes, yes. I was just shock to see that kid here"

"You looked like you've seen a ghost while looking at him", he chuckled and I smiled sheepishly.

"That's so embarassing to see for sure in his point of view", I offered, giving him a smile.

He nodded slowly, his lips parted. Licking them, his eyes lifted and met mine, "Did you visit her?"

"I brought her home after I had taken her somewhere else", I replied, getting who is the person he was referring to.

"Tell me what happened. We're going to continue this in your unit", he started to walk out the elevator once we reached our floor and paused to wait for me to open my door with a passcode.

As I unlocked the door and let him in first, I couldn't help but look at Heeseung again. There was something about him so watchable. I can't place it.

"Heeseung", I called out to him as he slumped down on the long couch, "Why do you want to know what went up between her and -"

"I'm concerned about her", he simply said to me.

"What the hell?", I asked and was confused.

Did he know I was intending to apologize to Y/N? What did he know and why did he care about her?

"You don't know me very well, Jay", he paused, "I've always like Y/N as well", I gaped at him in shock as he pondered about his statement of the year.

"You were the one to concern yourself on why I never showed any interest to any particular girl. Because I don't want you to find out but I think it's Y/N"

We stayed silent for a few moment. I almost jumped when Jungwon rans down the stairs from his bedrooom here. We watched him go past as he thundered down to the kitchen while looking intently on his phone and that's why he ended up bumping to the table.

I supposed that's why I often reminded him not to look at his phone while walking.

"Are you kidding me, Heeseung?", I blurted out, walking back and forth in front of him, "Do you even know how that sounds ridiculous?"

"But I'm telling the truth. In order for me to advance, I have to get you to stop bullying her", he spoke as if he had given this thought.

I think he probably had; he seemed to always give everything a thought. But why did he have to go after the girl he knew that I have a feelings for?

"Heeseung, you know how I felt about her right. What are you saying this time?", I offered, sighing because it's hard to get angry to a friend especially to a dear one.

His jaw clenched and I saw his cheek pull inward. It really was such a normal habit of his if he was being tense. I could just never imagine it will come to a point regarding a girl.

When our gazes met this time, he made sure I held it in, "You're bringing a problem between us, Jay. I'm not sure which one of us will get used to it at first, if at all"

And with a curt nod, he walked out of my unit. I waited until the sound of his footsteps disappeared from outside the door before I stepped into the kitchen with my bestfriend hoarding out all the available food from my fridge.

Stumbling into the table, I practically fell into one of the chairs and dropping my bag onto the floor.

Jungwon who had his cheek puffed out from so much food at once gave me a look, "I heard it all"

"Of course you did", I answered, picking up one of the apple from his hoard.

Gulping a piece of teokbokki, he asked me again, "How do you feel about it?"

Silence ached, "He's a great friend, you know", I said, "He had been nothing but nice since I first met him in this condo", I looked at the apple in my hand, "I just couldn't imagine why the hell would he be going for Y/N"

Jungwon's eyes met mine as he stated it seriously, "In my opinion, she would be better off with someone like him"

"Jungwon", I said, more assertive, "Are you really my bestfriend and yet you're taking somebody else's side?"

"No offense but I'm stating facts. She doesn't deserve you, hyung", he almost sounded indignant as he looked at my offended face.

I spoke softly as I could before I explode, "She will be visiting again tommorow"

Jungwon looked as if he was about to vomit and I was force to hand him a glass of water then he stood up to place his plate down the sink. He will be waiting for me to wash it myself.

"Just make sure you don't mess up again", he said before leaving me there alone.

I watched him leave as I picked up the apple and twisting it with my fingers before closing my eyes.

The day with Y/N, I figured out could have gone a lot worse. But it will be a thousand worse indeed if Heeseung really takes a move on her while I'm on my watch.

What should I do?

I do think Jay needs a Jungwon in his life. Because this boy was too honest in all of their contents to the point of being sarcastic at times.

Who loves him?