✗ 37 ✗

Jake had always been the bestest friend I ever got to meet.

I couldn't imagine, not even once, that my college life would not have him. Every time with him is just fun, like the first time he convinced me to play games with him on their house.

Every time we play together, I spend half my time trying to win the game and half the time trying to find ridiculous to do what I can do while playing; like spinning in circles; dancing or throwing random objects at each other.

By the end of it, we were both laughing so hard that we're practically falling over each other.

And I could never imagine it would lead to this.

But then there were times in the past few days, I saw him staring out the window or staring blankly in his phone screen.

Most of the time, he is staring straight at me.

I thought it was normal at first and had never mind it that much until now.

It takes a while. A very uncomfortable while for us to wait on who will crack up first.

And then it all comes spilling out.

"I'm sorry", he began, "I've been trying, I really have. I've been trying so hard!", Jake's voice is shaking with intensity, and deep emotion fills his eyes as he looks up at me. "But I love you, Y/N, I think I have for a long time, and I just didn't know it"

Whoa, is the first thing my mind can process while both our friends stopped what they were doing to listen to him.

And then Jake just continued, as if he can't hold it anymore. "I love the way you don't give up even if they were bullying you. I love that we can talk about anything. I love the way you always help us"

"I love the way you can always tell how I'm feeling. I love how smart you are. I love the way your hair looks in the sun", he then looks down, only looking down at his shaking hands.

There's nothing I can do but listen to him, trying to absorb it all.

"And I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want you to freak out or run away, but I really love you, Y/N, and I just can't not say it because you liked Jay", he said, now looking up to my eyes never leaving his. "And now that someone is after you again, I want to finally say something"

Jake is in love with me. My bestfriend who has been there for me since the beginning of this year and the one I can almost tell anything without a fear of him judging me.

How could that happen? He is not only handsome in his own way, he's an intellectual and he is so nice and polite to everyone that it hurts.

It actually hurts to hear it coming from him.

"All I want to do right now is kiss you", he added quickly, making it harder for me to reply.

Our friends was not helping as Niki started to cheer Jake on and Sunoo was urging me to reply, that you'd thought they had known it all along while I'm clueless to this truth all this time.

You can't say anything bad about Jake. Anyone who knew him were instantly drawn to him even in the first meet.

But I'd never thought of him that way. I know he will always be there for me, and there's nobody I'd rather hang out with, but…love? That's huge! I just don't know for now.