✗ 15 ✗

When we were all dismissed by lunch, I made my way slowly out the hall, hoping I could blend in without getting attention to myself.  I had been shoved before one too many times and it never had been a fun experience; I was always sticking out for being too quiet.

I pretended to be following the crowd as the students walked in the same direction of the cafeteria. As I walked, I thought to myself about how everything I needed to say to my friends and how Jake would be delighted.

It was consuming and as I was thinking, I didn't even notice how I was walking the wrong way that now I was alone. I snapped back to reality when I heard voices from the corner. I stopped walking and peered around the corner, which led to the dance's club room.

However, my mistake of ending up here wasn't the one which made me freeze suddenly, it was the people in the corridor. It was Heeseung himself and Sunghoon standing by the door. They were talking in hushed voices, as if they were scared somene is going to hear them.

I couldn't bring myself to move and slip passed them in nonchalant. But I wanted to listen.

"Oh my god, Jay will kill you if you got closer to Y/N", Sunghoon said, almost exasperated. My heart stopped for a second.

He mentioned my name. What did I do again?, I thought as Heeseung sighed and gave his friend an urgent look.

"As long as he doesn't know anything. Just don't mention it to him", he exclaimed in a half whisper. He sounded exasperated as Sunghoon looked.

Unless I was mistaken which is always the case.

Sunghoon gave him a sympathetic look, "Words will always circle around in this school"

"But he have no rights to push all the boys wanting her", Heeseung inhaled sharply and shifted in his weight.

"It would be slightly ridiculous to think about how he had scared them away from her. But we should talk about it in your house, not out here", Sunghoon added, and Heeseung nodded slowly.

He now spoke again in a much softer tone, "What if someone might eavesdrop on the two of us?"

Oh yes, I'm right here hearing everything from the middle to the end. How you like that, Sunghoon?

Heeseung then smiled and looked up over Sunghoon's shoulder but before they caught onto the fact that I was there, I was already running for the parking lot where Jake was waiting for me. I didn't answer when he asked why I was on a rush to get out of there.

All I know is that I'm panicking inside. Not because I was nearly caught in the act of listening to someone else's conversation but what I heard about Jay.

Did I hear it right? I've been long asking why all the boys in our class is avoiding me like a severe disease and all this time, he is trying to keep them away from me.

Now I don't know if my opinion about him would go lower than it already did. But I still like him, nonetheless.

How can I change that morbid fact? Should I look to the other guys who will be much better for my heart?

As I found myself walking inside Mcdo with Jake, I had a strange feeling that I was stared at. I felt my body relaxed to see it was only Jake and saw him walking so close, staring at me with a satisfied glint in his eye.

I blinked in shock before smiling and I look away to search for our friend. I didn't need to. I could hear Niki and Sunoo bantering over something as my eyes stopped to their perch at their usual table.

And as soon as I sat there with them, I told them the story right away, a smile never leaving my face.

"Finally, after hearing your sob story all the time, I'm always questioning why you were even my friend", Niki commented, dipping his fries on Sunoo's choco sundae.