✗ 47 ✗

Not long after I settled Jay properly down the couch, I found myself approaching my bag and wanting to see if any of my friends were texting me now.

No matter how badly I tried to convince myself otherwise, I knew that I was keeping an eye out for Jake, waiting for him to explain.

Because even though I hated to admit it, I might feel something for him. And god, it wasn't fair for Heeseung.

None of it was fair to the three of them.

It was only because I was so focus to the phone that I jumped when it started ringing. The number was unsaved, I answered at it and yelled as I walked inside the kitchen, thinking it was one of those prank callers.

"What?!"

"Y/N?", the voice was so familiar but I couldn't place who because the other line's background was raging with electrical music.

Like it was in a party.

"Who is this?", I asked, annoyed.

Today isn't really my day. I have had shocking encounters from both Jake and Jay. Now all I want to do is sleep and forget it all in my dreamland.

"It's Sunghoon. Something happened to Jake and I think you should come here now", he rushed out to me which is so unlike of him.

He was always so composed, so I felt the air being knocked out of me as I stopped breathing for a second and started panicking. This is my bestfriend we're talking about.

I could hear mumbling in the background that sounded just like Jake.

"For sure, she went to your friend, Jay", I could hear him mutter from a distance then hear a loud thud that was followed by a raucously cheers in tbe background.

Party is never Jake's thing, at least the rowdy ones our schoolmates usually had and seeing that it was a game season, I deduce quickly that it must be a celebration party for their win.

Those kind of celebrations never ends well in my opinion for the soccer players was always the aggressive ones.

"Wait.. what's happening? Where is he?", I demanded out of my panic, already heading out of the kitchen to get my bag.

"We're at the afterparty from one of the soccer player's house", Sunghoon said before cursing softly when I heard someone bumped into him.

"Send me the address", I said before hanging up and then saw Jay sitting up from the couch.

He must have heard all the noises I made while I panicked, but I was too blind on my worries that I just picked up on my bag and I was already at the door.

He chose the wrong time to stop me as he asked, "What's going on with you?"

"Something happened to Jake!", I told him and my hand was already turning the knob.

"Wait a minute here...", he said, not waiting for me to reply and runs up the stairs.

I didn't have to wait long because he runs back after, already changed in another get up and picked up the keys of his car from the mini table near the doorway of the kitchen.

"I'll drive you there", he said as a way of explanation to my look at him.

I nodded before thanking him and we headed out the door together. He almost shout after me since I was practically running towards the elevator, but he can't blame me for it. I've never heard of Jake coming to a party like that.

He was either force or have no choice but to attend.

Once we got inside to Jay's car, I gave him the directions which Sunghoon sended to me through text and maybe because Jay could see how I was literally tensing in my seat with my hand tapping on the dashboard repeatedly while the other is between my teeth, he drives so fast.