✗ 63 ✗

If you were going to tell me a year ago that I would spend my Christmas with my bully, I wouldn't believe it.

Who thought the same jerk would be now in our house helping my mom around to cook dishes?

Whilst he keeps on following my mom around at her instruction, I was helping dad and Jungwon decorated the living room in order to make it lively for the visitors coming around at night.

It had been a few days now since Jay disowned his parents. I asked him to forgive them for the sake of holidays. He do so in one condition, they can keep the house and the company until he wasn't ready to face that kind of responsibility.

And that his mother would never let me see her face for the time being.

The wedding with Ara is cancelled and the girl for all her lack of shame in Instagram complained about it for almost everyday. I guess people could get enough of her brattiness too that they couldn't careless anymore about her.

I mean, why would you waste your time over her when the Christmas is now here?

"Honey, did you know that your boyfriend made this night more delicious for one reason?", my dad spoke all of a sudden.

I lifted my head from changing the covers of the throw pillow from our couches while Jungwon is up on the chair to the Christmas tree. He is cleaning up the star from any bits of dust that managed to go there.

"What did he do?", I smiled, loving the way they love him instantly.

"He bought us an expensive beef to enjoy tonight", Dad cheered up, wiggling his eyebrows at me when he caught Jay gazing at us from the kitchen.

"Just make sure my visitors could eat that as well", I reminded him with a smile.

In spite of what happened to our last meeting in the last time, Jake still texted me that he would visit along Sunoo tonight. Niki says he would be following them at New Year, so my family better prepare for his visits even more because he said he was more special than they are.

As for the rest of Jay's friends, they would be doing the same for New Year saying they should see him before we got to Seattle together.

You must know that Jungwon is, of course, would be flying with us over there.

"Of course your mom would kill me if they don't enjoy their visits here", Dad chortled before gesturing for me and Jungwon to take a break.

It didn't take thirty minutes when my mom started calling us in the kitchen for our lunch and my mouth was salivating by the time we entered there, smelling the aroma wafting inside the whole room

The table is nearly filled to the brim with my favorite. From Bulgogi, sweet potato noodles, and kimchi. There's a buffet of korean sweets like rice cake and mochis after the meal.

"We should pray before anything else", Mom said once we were all in the table and Jay was exactly sitting next to me.

"Maybe you should lead us Jungwon?", Dad asked the youngest of us who were used to being treated like a baby in this family now.

My parents can't help it. They were showering him with attention since they found out that he was an orphan and if there's no Jay, I would've thought they were almost this close to adopting him.

"Okay. Let's all close our eyes and pray in silent", Jungwon says, clasping his hands together as he leads us in a prayer.

As I closed my eyes, I prayed for only one thing. For everyone in this table to have a good new year and for them to always have a food to eat in the table.