✗ 64 ✗

Christmas has always just been for me and my parents. It has only been the three of us spending the night in each other's company and that was already enough.

Mostly, it was quiet when it's only the three of us in the house, that's why my dad always played Christmas caroles in the component from the living room in order to add more festivity in the air.

But it looks like when the night comes that we won't be needing to, not when all the noises was provided by the visitors that starts to turn up one by one.

It began in the presence of Sunoo and Jake, both of them bringing a different flavors of ice cream from Baskin Robbin's. I wasn't still fully leaving my seat from the porch when Sunoo already jumped into my arms.

"Merry Christmas!", he greeted me so loudly and cheerfuly that it didn't fail to reach passed my mom from the kitchen.

"Is that already them?", she shouted from there.

"Only the first ones. There's still more from Jay", I answered, removing myself from the hug to face Jake.

He was now rubbing the back of his neck in front of me. This must be the first time we see each other again after the break up. Sunoo takes one look at us before entering the house once he saw Jungwon in there.

"Won't you be hugging your bestfriend?", I smiled, hoping that awkwardness will never visits us.

It turns out that's all he need from me before he went inside my open arms and the impact of the tightness nearly brought me out of breath. I could not deny the fact that this was his sign to show me that I'ved been missed.

"I miss you", he proved me correctly at my assumptions.

"I miss you --", I was about to answer when he cuts me off with his own words.

"Don't... you would not help me in the process of moving on", is what he said before pulling away.

"I'm sorry -"

He puts a finger against my lips as he shook his head, smiling at me through the pain. Although we both could tell that he's trying to not look so affected by the way we ended together.

"We shall all be happy today, alright?", he wished for me, so I nodded and leads him inside the living room.

His steps slowing down once he spotted Jay cleaning the counter from the kitchen. He must've sense the eyes on him because Jay looked up and waves at Jake, but before they could said one word to another, my mom appears from the stairs in the right time.

Like I expected, she instantly brightens up at the sight of my friends.

"Thank you for visiting here", she was saying, earning the eyes of Sunoo and Jake.

"Merry Christmas, Auntie", Sunoo is the first one to come up to her, not expecting to be pulled in a hug.

"I remember you, the one Y/N said was the cutest. She's right",  Mom pointed out, her hands automatically reaching out to squeeze his cheeks.

Instead of getting offended, Sunoo pouted, his eyes smiling, "I'm cuter than Jake hyung, aren't I, Auntie?"

This earns a smile from me because even here, Sunoo's confidence was showing and Jake only shook his head as he approached the two, ready to greet my mom himself.

Only that it was a mistake of his.

He's the one she'd been asking for to meet, so the second my mom laid my eyes on him, he was the one being pulled into another and much tighter hug.

"Now I do feel threateaned a bit", Jay muttered to my ears once he walked to my side, one of his hand coming to rest at my waist.

"Don't be", I said, gesturing to the tub of ice creams that was placed in the coffee table.