Chapter 82

July, 39 weeks

**YOUR POV**

As the boys headed to the stage, security escorted me, Anne, Gem and Lou out to the VIP section of the arena. I waved to a few fans as I walked towards the area. Harry had been incredibly clear that there needed to be extra security around the family and friends section because of what happened at the last concert.

As I was walking out, however the twinges I was having got a tiny bit stronger and my stomach twisted with anxiety. I wasn't going to ruin the show, so I kept it quiet, knowing that if I said even one word about being in pain, things would escalate pretty quickly.

The lights went down and the room erupted in ear piercing screams as the boys came on stage and the opening of Clouds filled the arena. I stood up along with the crowd, smiling as I saw my husband having the time of his life on stage. I had to admit, the concerts were one of my favorite things about Harry's job. The atmosphere was always breathtaking what put me always almost instantly in a good mood. I loved seeing him so happy with the other boys and so passionately being himself on stage. I loved seeing the weird dances he did and listening to his jokes he always made.

The lights came up as they began to sing, walking and jumping from one side of the stage to the other, blowing kisses and waving before he blew a kiss to me. Just at that moment, a particularly strong wave of pain shot through my stomach and I flinched, eyes squeezing closed for a moment as the pain faded away. Thankfully everyone was preoccupied with watching what was happening on stage. The concert continued but so did the pain in my stomach. It wasn't too intense though and I knew that I could hold on. As Harry headed down off the main stage towards B stage where Zayn was, he locked eyes with me, smiling and blowing me another kiss. I smiled, catching the kiss before blowing one back.

He couldn't tear his gaze off me during Little Things, the song everything started with, knowing our story behind the words they sang and how emotional it made me. I smiled up at him, tears forming in my eyes as usual, halfway through the song however, another contraction started but I hid it well enough, stroking my bump and taking a deep breath. Harry looked at me as they started singing If I Could Fly.

„Umm, what was that?" Gemma asked, her eyebrows raised.

„What was what?" I asked, praying she didn't notice what I thought she might did.

„Oh I don't know, the sudden deep breathing? Massaging your belly?" She said. Fuck, she did notice. „Was that a contraction?"

All I could do in response was nod, holding back my tears.

„Okay, we're okay! Mum!" Gemma called for Anne who was only a few meters away. She saw the slightly panicked look on our faces and ran over.

„What's happening, love? Are you okay?" She asked, taking my hand and looking at me with a worried expression.

Just as I wanted to answer, I suddenly saw Harry standing in front of me.

„What are you doing here? Go back on stage!" I exclaimed and heard the fans going crazy when they saw him standing in the crowd. The boys looked confused at first but they knew something was up when they saw him around us three.

„No, you're in pain, something is not right. I can see it from up there." He answered immediately. „What's wrong?"

Honestly I was glad he was here, because I was panicking on the inside and his presence calmed me down.

„I'm not sure, but I think it's time..." I told him. „But it's not that bad yet, the contractions are still only every 10 minutes or so and they are not too hard to handle yet." He took a deep breath.

„Okay, let's get you backstage, out of the noise and the crowd." Was the first thing he said. He was really calm and I was glad about that because I couldn't handle him going crazy at that moment.

I nodded and he, Anne and Gemma led me backstage into the dressing room.

I walked into the now empty dressing room, deciding that the couch looked the comfiest, so I sat down, lying on my side for some much needed weight off my back.

„Harry, give me your phone, I have the contraction app on it that helps me time them." He walked around the room, finding it in his bag before handing it to me. I opened the app just as another contraction started and I pressed the start button, handing it back to Harry.

„You're having one right now?" Gemma asked with wide eyes.

I nodded, squeezing my eyes closed as the contraction got stronger before starting to fade again. Harry immediately crouched down at my side and grabbed my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

„Okay, press stop." I said and he did what I said. „How long was that one?" I asked him.

„About 40 seconds." He responded and pressed a kiss against my forehead.

„What does that mean?" Gemma asked.

„It means we still have time, they said don't come in until the contractions are at the most 5 minutes apart and lasting longer than a minute each time." I explained, sitting up with the help of Harry.

At that moment, Anne came almost running in the room, holding a cold water bottle and some crisps, giving them to me.

„You should eat something before you can't and stay hydrated, honey. I remember during my labors getting a little dehydrated and it's not fun."

I nodded, taking a sip of the water before snacking on the crisps.

„Harry, I'm so sorry you can't be on stage an-."

„Don't even start apologizing, Grace." He stopped me from talking. „You are in labor, you can't control that."

„You know, I really have no idea why you're so calm when I'm literally in labor." I let out a laugh.

„Believe me, you don't want to know how I feel on the inside." He admitted, just as some of the boys walked in, probably having a short break.

Harry sat down next to me, sliding his hand down to massage my back where he knew I felt pain often.

„What's wrong guys? Why did you leave the stage, Harry?" Louis asked when they came into the room.

„I'm in la- ah- aahhh!" I almost screamed out in pain as another contraction hit me. I gripped Harry's leg tightly. I could feel my finger digging into his skin through his jeans. I saw that it was hurting him, but he didn't show it, he just rubbed more my back, pressing small kisses on my shoulders while holding my other hand.

„Shit, she is in labor. You are gonna be a dad, Harry!" I heard Louis' slightly shocked voice.

„I noticed that too, thanks Lou." Harry responded sarcastically.

The boys had to get back on stage and over the next 45 minutes I continued to contract and they were getting closer and longer each time.

„Why is this happening so fast?" I asked through gritted teeth as another contraction gripped my body, making me squeeze Harry's hand. „First babies aren't meant to come this quick." I moaned as Harry held my hand while Anne massaged my lower back.

„Sometimes babies just come when they want to come, you'll be alright, sweetheart." Harry told me tucking my hair behind my ear.

I nodded, focusing on my breathing as the contraction started coming down.

Meanwhile the concert was over and the boys came back to the dressing room, waiting together with us until it was time to go to the hospital.

„How long a- unghhhh!" Another contraction started to build, Harry's hands found mine, my head in the crook of his neck, trying not to yell as the pain radiated through my belly and down my thighs.

„Just breathe, baby, just breathe." Harry soothes with his calm voice. „We have to get you to the hospital now, okay? It's time. The contractions are 5 minutes apart now." He said, making my heart race.