Chapter 144

August 2021
2 months later
**YOUR POV**
Having two little kids at home was a handful. Especially when one was a toddler and the other was a two month old. Having a newborn at home was nothing new to us so everything was a lot easier since Arlo was our second one. But still, it was a lot. Harry and I were slowly getting the hang of it and tried to spend as much time with Avery as we could, because we of course didn't want her to feel left out. Luckily she understood why we didn't have as much time to play with her as we used to and we were still telling her why Arlo needed so much attention. Avery loved her brother and she always told him what made Harry and me so, so happy and proud.

„Haz?" I called from downstairs as I put some pancakes on a plate for Avery so she could eat her breakfast. „Haz?" I called again and sighed as I didn't get an answer.

„Daddy?" Avery started calling him for me. I smiled at that and placed the plate in front of her high chair.

„I think daddy is busy." I let out a laugh. „Do you want some strawberries with the pancakes, love?"

„Yees, please." She nodded quickly and I made my way back to the kitchen as I heard something from upstairs fall on the floor.

I frowned. „Harry? Are you alright up there?"

„I'm fine, I'm fine." I finally heard his footsteps walking down the stairs and saw his head popping around the corner with Arlo on his arm.

„Oh hello, my love." I smiled, running my finger over his cheek. „Happy anniversary, my other love." I looked up at Harry, kissing his soft lips.

„Happy anniversary to you too." He smiled at me before turning to Avery. „Morning, sunshine."

„Morning, daddy." She said, taking another bite of the pancakes.
Harry ran his hand through her hair and turned back to me, stealing a strawberry I was about to cut.

„Hey, those are for Avery." I slapped his hand away. „By the way, what was that sound earlier? Did you drop something?" I asked him, making my way towards Avery to put the strawberries into her plate.

„Uuh, kind of." He admitted.

„What does that mean?" I grinned at him.

„Well." He scratched the back of his head. „I kind of tripped over the carpet and fell."

I let out a laugh as I looked at him. „Why doesn't that surprise me? You didn't hold Arlo while you fell, did you?"

„No, god no." He shook his head and sat down on the opposite of Avery.

„Good." I chuckled, placing the plate with the rest of the pancakes on the table before I sat down too.

„Don't you want to eat too?" Harry asked me already taking a bite.

„I have to feed Arlo first." I stretched my arms out for Harry to give him to me.

Today was our forth anniversary, our first one as a family of four. And tonight was also Harry's first show with the boys after the accident. They finally let him come back and he was more than just excited to sing his heart out for their fans. Harry wanted me and the kids to come and watch, so I couldn't say no and I didn't want to say no. I missed seeing him on stage, seeing him sing and dance and having fun with the boys.

„Are you ready for tonight?" I asked Harry as I finished feeding Arlo and laid him in his bassinet. I sat down on the couch next to Harry and Avery. Avery always watched the cartoons in the morning so we always had some time for us.

„I am. Can't wait to finally be back on stage." He smiled. I saw it in his eyes, the genuine happiness for his passion was there. One of the most beautiful things for me to see.

„No, I mean, are you ready?" I placed my hand on his thigh, rubbing it gently. „Are you fine? Is what I mean."

He sighed, pulling me to his side. „Grace, sweetheart, the accident was eight months ago, I'm okay." He smiled at me.

„I know, but you still had some pretty intense injuries and surgeries. I'm just worried." I admitted.

„I know you are, but you don't have to be. You really don't." He assured me. „The doctor said my leg is fine and I'm fine. Everything is fine. I'm okay, I promise. I feel ready, I am ready and I am alright." He whispered in my ear.

„Okay. I'm glad you are." I wrapped my arms around him, resting my head on his chest after he kissed the back of my head.

„Hey if you're hungry and I know you are, I left you some pancakes." He said after a while.

„Pancakes?" Avery shot up and crawled over to us from the other side of the couch.

„Yes, but not for you, sunshine, they're for mummy. You already had yours." Harry said as she let herself fall in my arms.

„Thanks Haz, but I'm gonna pass." I placed Avery in his arms and got up from the couch. „I'm not that hungry." I told him.

„Are you sure?" He asked, running his fingers through Avery's long curls.

„Yeah." I placed a kiss on his head and gently lifted Arlo out of his bassinet. „I'm gonna lay him down upstairs." I told Harry.
He nodded, smiling as he lifted Avery up in the air, making her giggle.

As I got to our bedroom, I laid Arlo down in his crib and turned around only to see some very familiar clothes that were spread out on the bed.

„Harry? Can you come upstairs quickly?" I called from upstairs, and knelt down in front of the bed, carefully running my hand over the shirts, blazers and jackets, feeling the soft fabric and having those memories running through my head.

„What's up?" Harry's voice sounded behind my back. I turned around, watching as he came through the door with Avery following him.

„What- how- where did you find those?" I eventually let out.

„I found them in the basement earlier. Whose clothes are those?" He asked me and sat down next to me on the floor while Avery sat down next to him.

„My dad's..." I quietly said, sighing deeply. „I didn't see them since he died."

„Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know." He softly ran his hand over my back.

„No, don't apologize." I gave him a small smile, grabbing one of my dad's shirts. „I have to eventually-." I stopped talking as I ran my hand over the soft shirt when I felt something in one of the pockets.

I looked up and saw Harry looking at me with a questioning look on his face. He looked deep into my eyes, his green, shiny eyes fixed on mine. „What is it, darling?" He asked.

„There is a note in here." I said quietly and took the folded piece of paper out of the pocket. „It's a letter." I instantly recognized.

„Do you wanna read it?" Harry asked, glancing to Avery for a second as she placed herself on our bed.

I nodded and started to unfold the letter, my heart suddenly pounding rapidly in my chest. I looked at the handwriting, exactly knowing it was his. I breathed in deeply and let it out, tears already threatening to fill my eyes before I started reading the letter.

„Dear Grace, my Gracie-..." I read out loud, but stopped as tears fell down my cheeks and I started to sob immediately.

„Shhh, it's okay, love." Harry pulled me into his arms. „You don't have to read it if you don't want to."

„No, I do want to read it..." I sighed as he wiped my tears away. „Can you read it, please?" I quetly asked Harry.

„Of course I can." I felt his soft lips on my forehead. I gave him the letter and placed myself across from him on the floor, leaning against the bed as Avery came and sat between my legs, so I wrapped my arms around her as she sat in front of me before Harry started to read the letter.