Chapter 133

December 2020
**YOUR POV**
„Sounds like you have been thinking about having babies a lot." I laughed.

„Every single day since we started dating, you know why?"

„Why?"

He motioned for me to lean closer. „Because I looooove you." He sang in my ear.
I pulled back, kissing his cheek again.

„You're a sweetheart." I said, grinning at him.

„So are you." He smiled.

„I kind of like drugged Harry." I laughed. „He is very cute."

„Drugged Harry also likes drugged Harry, he feels like he's floating."

„Oh, so drugged Harry talks about himself in the third person?"

„He does now!" Harry smiled at me again. „Drugged Harry is tired...he's just gong to..."

Then the monitors started beeping rapidly. Several nurses ran in, bustling around and shouting various medical terminology. Another nurse ushered me out of Harry's room for the second time.

„No! No, I need to stay with him! I can't-."

„Shh...it's alright. They're going to do everything they can to help him. You have to let them help him. Why don't you go to the waiting room?"

I exhaled shakily. If I couldn't stay with Harry, I might as well sat instead of hovering around the corner.

„Let's go to the waiting room." She sad after a few deep breaths.

I went in there and as soon as the nurse was gone, I shot up again, running to the toilet and letting out everything that was left in my stomach. After I finished, I let myself fall back on the floor, burying my head in my hands and just cried again. He said he would never leave me...I just hoped he would keep his promise...

I sat in the waiting room for what felt like an eternity, but a glance at my phone told me it had only been 45 minutes.

A woman in a surgical gown approached me and I stood up quickly.

„What happened?" I asked immediately.

„Unfortunately, your husband's brain bleed did not resolve itself like we hoped. He is in surgery and for right now, he is doing well." The surgeon said, looking sympathetic.

„Okay...Why did the monitors freak out? Did his heart stop? Is he going to wake up from surgery?"

„The monitors went off, because his heart was having trouble, but they were able to resuscitate him through CPR and defibrillation. It's too soon to know if he will wake up, but the surgeon is hopeful. I will come back to update you as soon as I can."

„Okay, thank you." I said, sinking back into my chair.

I felt a pain in my chest, like real, actual pain. What would I do without Harry? How would I live with myself, knowing he died, trying to save me? What would I tell Avery? She needed her father and I needed my husband, my caring and loving husband. He was the love of my life and the father of my child, I couldn't lose him now...

I caught a glimpse of the ring on my finger and choked back a sob at the memory of the wedding, his sweet and beautiful vows circling around my head.

I slumped down in my chair, wanting to curl up and cry. Instead, I called my mum. Through my tears, I explained everything that happened.

„Oh honey." My mum sighed. „I'm so sorry. I'm on my way. I'll be there in a few hours, I'm sorry it will take so long. Do you want to stay on the phone with me?"

„No, I can't." I sniffled. „I have to call Harry's family."

„Do you want me to do that? I wouldn't mind, they're-."

„No, mum, thank you, but I should. I'm gonna go. Love you." I said, hanging up the phone.

Checking my phone, I realized it was in the middle of the night. I didn't think I should wait, so I called Anne without another thought.

„Oh god Grace, I'm so sorry. I'm on my way right now, I'll be there in a few hours. Will you be alright alone? Is your mother coming?"

„Yes, my mum is on her way. I'm okay, thank you." I said, rubbing my eyes.

I called Gemma to tell her everything too and check on Avery.

„Fuck, I knew something was wrong when I didn't hear anything from you two. I'm on my way, but it's a two hour drive, it will take a while." She said.

„It's okay, thank you. Love you, bye." I hung up the phone and that's when it set in how exhausted I was. I slept an hour or so tonight, because I was so worried about Harry.
I drifted into a fitful sleep where I dreamed of everything possible.

I startled awake to a familiar voice.

„Mummy!" My two year old ran in my arms and I hugged her tight, pressing her to my chest.

„Avery my baby, hi." I pressed kisses all over her face and realized there were still some tears in my face. „I love you so much, Avery."

„I love you too, mummy. Where is daddy?" She asked me sweetly and my heart ached even more.
She let go of me and I sat her on a chair next to me as Gemma came towards me with a concerned look on her face.

„Daddy is sick and the doctors are taking care of him right now, my love." I told her, running my hand through her soft hair and she nodded slowly.

„Hey, how are you holding up?" I got up and hugged Gemma tight, starting to cry again.

„I'm a mess, Gem." I sobbed. „I fell asleep after I called you, so I guess I slept two hours while he was in surgery."

„Shh, it will be okay." She rubbed my arms as I saw the same woman from before approaching me, this time wearing just scrubs.

„Harry is out of surgery and doing well. We were able to repair the brain bleed. His heart stopped on the table." Gemma and I both gasped at this. „But we were able to get him back. His ribs will be very sore and some more are possibly broken. All that aside, he is doing well, Mrs. Styles and you can see him now." She said and led us all to the elevator.

My breath was trembling as we walked towards his room.

„You go first, I'll wait outside with Aves." Gemma gave me a reassuring smile.

„Thanks." I nodded and got in together with the nurse.
Harry was lying in his bed, looking like a fragile child. Even though he was so much bigger than me, right now he seemed so...small.

I looked at the nurse asking to sit with him. She nodded and explained that another two of his ribs were broken and his collarbone would hurt him a lot when he woke up.

I held his hand with a featherlight touch, not wanting to hurt him even the smallest bit.

After an hour of me waiting for him to wake up, I got Avery to sit with me. She sat on my lap, her head buried into the crook of my neck. I was holding her with my left arm and holding Harry's hand with the right one. Gemma waited in the waiting room for Anne and my mum.

As I rocked Avery back and forth, I felt a small movement, barely noticeable. Was it...?
I felt another movement. This time I was sure of it. He was squeezing my hand.

„I'm here, Harry. I'm right here." I soothed, moving a little closer to him. He groaned sleepily before his emerald eyes looked at me.