Chapter 141

June 2021
**YOUR POV**
„Look at his little fingers." I cooed, looking up at Harry, from where I was still kneeling in the birthing tub. Arlo was born just moments ago as I looked up to see his swollen, red-rimmed green eyes meeting mine. „I missed those tiny hands."

„He's beautiful." Harry rasped, stroking his fingers over the soft, downy covering of hair on his head, being mindful of the hospital I.D. bracelet secured to his wrist. „I can't believe he's finally here." He reached to cup my cheek in his hand, brushing my damp hair from my forehead.
I nodded, suddenly feeling the exhaustion that had been collecting for the past twenty-two hours, catching up to me.

**HARRYS POV**
Grace and I were both so engrossed with our tiny baby cradled to her chest that we failed to notice that her midwife had fallen quiet. It was then that I noticed from my place squatting in front of Grace, that the water was quickly becoming clouded with blood.
Far too much blood.

I felt my stomach drop, my heartbeat, which had just begun to slow, picking back up again, thudding rapidly in my chest, filing my ears. My lips pressed together tightly. I tried to maintain my composure, not wanting to frighten Grace, as she didn't notice anything was wrong. The room, which just moments ago had been buzzing with excited energy, was now filled with a heavy sense of urgency.
I caught the glance of the midwife, who had her lips pressed together tightly, eyes focused, face hard as she tried to locate the source of the bleeding without alarming Grace. But I could see the panic lit behind her experienced eyes.

„My darling." She said quickly, placing a hand on Grace's back. „You're bleeding quite a bit, okay?"
I watched Grace tense visibly, looking down at the water that pooled around her. She let out a tiny gasp, before her head snapped back up to meet my gaze.

„Harry." She whispered, her voice tight and panicked, her eyes going wide, with terror.

„You're alright, baby, don't panic, everything's okay." I murmured, trying to keep my voice even to hide my own panic, leaning in closer and cupping her cheeks in my hands again. „Look at me, just look at me."

I could feel her beginning to tremble under my touch from the consuming fear.

„We're going to get you out of here, love, okay? Over to the bed, so we can see what's going on. No use in panicking until we have to. Do you feel woozy at all?" Her midwife explained.

Grace shook her head. „No." She whispered. A nurse came over to take Arlo from her and she reluctantly let her lift him from her chest.

„Okay, we're going to help you up, alright? You just say something if you start to feel dizzy at all. Harry, can you help lift her up?" The midwife instructed.
I nodded, quickly standing up and grasping under Grace's arms gently and lifting her upwards, letting her grasp my upper arms. Her head swam a little, as she stood, but she pressed her cheek to my shoulder.

„I've got you, sweetheart. Just hang on to me, okay?" I whispered.

„Just hold on to Harry, alright, my darling, we've got you." The midwife repeated.

I felt how Grace's legs felt wobbly underneath her, like she couldn't get her footing. A towel was being wrapped around her lower body and then I placed my arm under her knees, my other arm wrapped around her back, as I carried her over to the bed, laying her down gently. She gripped my hand with shaking fingers. I gripped her hand back tightly. Eyes full of fear.

„Okay, darling, we're going to give you a shot of Pitocin here, to see if we can stop this bleeding and help your placenta come a little faster." She unwrapped the towel from Grace's bloodstained thighs and she let her knees fall. The midwife drew up a syringe, tapping it out.„Big pinch, I'm sorry."