Chapter 117

Dezember 2018
**YOUR POV**
A month passed and Harry luckily recovered very well from the accident. Avery turned five months old and it was already December. Tomorrow was Christmas and I was happier than ever, knowing it was our first Christmas as a family of three.

Avery was asleep right now, so Harry and I had some time to finish last minute wrapping of Christmas presents for our family and friends. We both agreed not to spoil Avery, because at the age of five months, she didn't quite understand the purpose of receiving gifts.

We both went out yesterday and bought Avery a few stuffed animals, a few new pajamas and some cute outfits, along with some toys that were suitable for a 5 month old.
She was sleeping in her nursery a little bit over a month now and I had to be honest, I missed her sleeping beside our bed every night.
I would always watch her sleeping or sometimes I woke up to Harry's soft voice singing to her as he tried to get her back to sleep. He always sang songs like Little Things and A.M. or some of his own songs he had written like Sign Of The Times and Sweet Creature, but A.M. was probably the song that calmed her down mostly at night.

„I love this one." I said, holding up a little red and white dress I picked out for Avery to wear on Christmas day.

„She is gonna look beautiful in it. As always." Harry moved closer to me, pulling me to sit between his legs while I continued wrapping and then shoving the wrapped present under the tree.

We sat on the fluffy carpet on the floor in the living room with two cups of hot chocolate on the couch table in front of us. Harry made us his special hot chocolate, that he learned making from his mother and it was magical. Every time he made me a cup, it tasted phenomenal. It may only be a cup of hot chocolate, but it was always so special and delicious.

„I love the tree this year. It looks amazing." Harry said, kissing my neck.

„Mhm." I nodded, smiling at him. „I love it too."

„I still can't believe it's our first Christmas with Aves." He said.

„Me neither. We're a family now and I couldn't imagine something more beautiful than our little family." I told him as I finished wrapping the last present.

„That's true and now that Gemma is pregnant, Avery will soon have someone to play with."

„Yeah, I'm so happy for her. She'll be a great mother." I said, resting against Harry's chest as he held me.

„It's so weird to see my sister starting a family. It feels like yesterday when we both still were kids." He told me, interlocking his hands in front of my stomach.

„She probably felt the same when her little brother announced he is having a baby." I told him.

„Yeah, probably." He chuckled. „We should go to sleep now, it's late." He then said, yawning and we both got up.

Just as we were ready to get in bed a few minutes later, we heard Avery's crying through the monitor. I laughed as Harry let the sheet fall back on the bed and walked into Avery's nursery.

„Every time Avery, every time." I heard Harry whisper and laughed. Every time we got in bed or just started to fall asleep, she started crying. I listened as Harry sang to Avery once again. This time he sang If I Could Fly and it sent even me into a deep sleep.

*

„Wake up, mummy." Harry whispered quietly. I opened my eyes to find Avery lying on his chest, looking straight into my eyes.

„Where's my favorite baby?" I smiled at her and she started smiling at me.

„Merry Christmas, babe." I said as I sat up and kissed Harry.

„Merry Christmas. Should we go downstairs and do the present thing?" He asked, getting excited as he smiled widely and I laughed, nodding.

Harry picked Avery up and swung her on his hip and the three of us got downstairs, sitting down in front of the Christmas tree. Avery sat on Harry's lap as we started to open the presents.

„Open yours first. Here." I said, sliding over his pile of presents to him and took Avery out of his arms. I got him his favorite cologne, a new black coat, new black saint Laurent boots since his old ones were worn out, some new button up shirts he loved so much and a new silver ring with a red diamond on top of it with the engraving ,Thank you for everything. I love you forever and always.' to add to his collection.

„Grace love, this is way too much."

I shook my head, disagreeing. Anything what I would ever give to him wasn't enough for everything he had done for me.
He pushed my pile of presents over and took Avery again, sitting her on his lap.

I opened all of them and loved every single one. He got me a beautiful bracelet, diamond earrings and a gorgeous ring.

„You forgot this one." He shoved another one in front of me with a grin on his face.
I opened it and saw it was a book. I flipped through it to see it was a handmade photo album of each photo of us we took since we met. To every picture there was something written with Harry's beautiful handwriting.

The first picture was our very first selfie we took one day after we met when he invited me to a show. There were several pictures of while we were dating. There were pictures of the day we got engaged, the day we married of course and lots of pictures from vacations and some he took during my pregnancy.
Some of the last ones were from the day Avery was born when we sat with her in the back of the van and later when we were at the hospital. The very last one was one of us three that Gemma took. We were just messing around, Avery was in Harry's arms and we laughed at something I didn't remember now. We both didn't know Gemma was taking pictures of us until she showed them to us and it was one of the most beautiful pictures of us three.

„Oh Harry." I sobbed, tears streaming down my face. „This is so beautiful. Thank you so much." I leaned over and pressed my lips on his, placing my hands on his cheeks.

„You're welcome, love." He smiled. „I worked hard on that." He said, proudly.

„I can see that." I looked down at it again. „It's very beautiful. I love it and it just shows how much memories we already made."

„We did go through a lot together, huh?" He pulled me closer to him.

„Yeah and through a lot of shit too." I agreed.

„Well, that's life." He whispered and I nodded.

Later, we made breakfast and got everything ready for dinner tonight.
My mum, Harry's mum and sister were coming for dinner. Then the boys and their girlfriends and of course Olivia came to our house for drinks and to exchange presents.
For me it was the best Christmas already, now that I had my own little family around.