Chapter 1

Hello everyone! This is a new story called 'Stay By My Side' and it's a Manjiro Sano AKA Mikey X Reader FF, this FF will only follow certain parts of the Manga/Anime so don't worry about the chapters containing spoilers because there's hardly any ...

Hello everyone! This is a new story called 'Stay By My Side' and it's a Manjiro Sano AKA Mikey X Reader FF, this FF will only follow certain parts of the Manga/Anime so don't worry about the chapters containing spoilers because there's hardly any in this fan-fiction.

Make sure to follow me for more content like this<33

Now, let's begin.

~10 Years Ago~

A young girl with H/L H/C hair walked down the sidewalk with a small smile on her face as she skipped into the direction of the playground by her house.

It was winter but she still chose to wear a thin jacket.

She liked the cold.

The wind tickled her skin and blew her hair away from her face.

She saw a familiar boy sitting on one of the swings causing her smile to grow a bit more. "Manji-San" She called out as she picked up her pace and sat on the other swing besides him "You'll catch a cold" he said and her eyes widened slightly at his comment.

He didn't even raise his head, how did he manage to see her clothing?

"I'm not cold" She said and he raised his head to look at her with a small smile on his face "Just bring warmer clothes next time, so you don't get sick" he said and she nodded "Ok" she chirped as she began swinging and he followed her movement.

"Manji-san?" She questioned and he hummed in response "We'll stay close right?" she asked and he tilted his head to the side "Yeah" he said and she smiled "It's a promise then" she stated and he held a confused look "Huh?" he questioned and she giggled "A promise to stick by each other" she said as she raised her hand up and stuck her pinky out "Huh...what are you doing N/N?" he asked and she grabbed his hand before connecting their pinky's.

"Pinky promise" She said with a soft giggle and his eyes widened slightly as he looked down at their connected pinky's "Oh" he said and she smiled brightly at him before dropping her hand.

"When I'm around, you'll stay out of trouble" She said with determination in her eyes and he stared at her blankly "Mhm you're pretty weak though N/N" he said and she glared at him "Shut up!" She said and he chuckled "Just kidding, I like you anyways" He mumbled the last bit so that she wasn't able to hear "I didn't hear you" she said and he shrugged "It was nothing important" he said as he stood up and turned away from her.

"You should go home, it's way too cold to be out anyways and I have to get back to my grandfathers dojo" He said as he began walking off "Bye bye Manji-San!" She called out and he raised his hand to give a small wave as he continued walking.