We All Have A Soft Side

Man it's been more than a month since I updated this, so sorry!! Anyway got a tattoo today!!

Trigger warning: Mentions of panic attacks, death (brief)

Remington is anxious to leave the house for the tour bus on the first day of the European tour. He stands in the doorway as the bus pulls up outside, a large suitcase in one hand and a rucksack in the other. Andy had helped him pack yesterday, to make sure he had everything he needed, since Remington has never been on the road before.

Now, the boy watches the vehicle stop and the door open. Andy steps out, approaching with a smile. "Ready?" He asks.

Remington nods. "Yes, I think so."

"It's gonna be great," says Andy enthusiastically, and from the bus, his band mates are trying to work out where this enthusiasm came from. He takes the rucksack from Remington and turns for the vehicle, and nervously, Remington follows.

Andy shows him around the bus, leaves his bag in his bunk and explains they'll be travelling all night, that the first show is tomorrow.

Remington sits in the living area with everyone else as they set off again. He know where they're going - the motorway. Aka the killing ground of his dear brothers. CC offers him a drink from where he's boiling water. Remington turns the offer down because he feels he isn't settled enough to hold a mug or a glass without dropping it.

Andy sits beside him. He's talking on the phone to someone but Remington doesn't know how. "Listen," he's saying. "It's not rocket science. She wasn't supposed to take that, it's mine. Just get it back, alright? And do it before I'm back from tour." Then he sighs, listens to the person on the other end. "Jesus," he whispers, clearly frustrated. "No, she didn't buy it. It's mine. Get them back."

"God, he's at it again," Lonny mumbles. "I didn't miss his whining."

"The worst part of being stuck on a bus with him," Jinxx agrees. "It's the divorce. He and Juliet have been arguing over who owns what for weeks."

"You know I can hear you," Andy says, covering the mic on his phone. "If you're gonna bitch about me, at least be discreet about it. And tell the driver to slow down a little, I can practically feel the bus swaying." Now, he puts a hand on Remington's forearm - an attempt of soothing his road anxiety. He speaks into the phone again. "I won't say it again, Richard, I'm not letting her get away with this! It's mine! I have proof! I have the papers! Get it back, and soon, for goodness sake!"

"Chill out," Jinxx says.

Andy looks at him, hanging up and putting his phone back in his pocket. "Piss off," he mumbles. "She's being fucking insane again. Trying to steal my bloody car."

"Your car?"

"Yes, my actual car."

"How did she manage to steal your car?"

"If I knew, she wouldn't have stolen it, genius." He looks at Remington and his expression softens. "Okay?" He asks quietly.

Remington meets his gaze and nods, but says nothing. Then he returns to watching the trees through the window opposite. The bus jerks and he flinches, grabs onto Andy without intending to. "Fine," he says.

Andy frowns. "I'm gonna get him to slow down," he says, but Remington shakes his head and doesn't release him. "It's okay." He rubs Remington's shoulder and the others find it strange how uncharacteristically soft he's being, like the boy brings out a side of him that no one else has managed yet to find.

"Andy..."

"I know. I know. It's okay. Don't look out there." Now, the man gets off the couch and kneels before Remington. "Look at me," he says. "You know you want to. I'm so gorgeous, how could you not?"

Remington manages a roll of the eyes. "Shut up," he mumbles, though does look at Andy instead of the window and the road beyond. "You're wearing makeup."

Andy hums and smiles. "Yes, do you like it?"

"Mhm."

"I want you to do my makeup for the shows," he says. "You're so good at it. I don't know what I'm doing."

"You said it was slutty," Remington mumbles, eyes fixed on Andy's.

"Well, maybe I'm just a slut."

"You said it, not me."

Andy smiles a gentle smile. He puts a hand to Remington's chin when the boy lifts his gaze, making him look at him again. "It's okay," he says.

Remington pouts. Then the bus jerks again and he snaps his head up to look at the window. They're nearly at the junction.

"Slow down!" Andy shouts. "Slow right down!"

"Andy, it's fine," mumbles Remington.

"Shh, don't be stupid. You're literally shaking. He shouldn't be driving this fast anyway."

"I don't need special treatment." He looks down. "But if you insist, a hug would be nice."

"You got it, babe."

Remington wraps his arms around Andy's shoulders and presses his face into the man's neck, where the feather tattoo is. "You called me babe," he says.

"You're hearing things." He rests his cheek against the side of Remington's head. "You okay?"

"I don't know."

"Do you need anything? Water? A friendly slap?"

"Shut up."

"Your breath is so warm."

"Duh."

"I can feel you shaking."

Remington hums. "That's 'cause I'm having a panic attack," he whispers. "Or at least I'm about to be."

"Oh no, I'm sorry."

"Not your fault. Just hug me tighter."

"Mm, I got you." Andy does as Remington wants, holding him tight and unexpectedly kissing the side of his head. That makes Remington smile, and Andy feels it against his neck.

Neither of them move from that position, not until Remington's heart has slowed and his shaking has subsided and he pulls back with a grateful smile, says, "thanks, Andy. That meant a lot."

"Glad I can help."

"Juliet didn't deserve you."

"God, don't I know it."

"Shut up."