[50]

AUTHOR POV

Death...

The end of life...

Death is inevitable...

No one can escape or evade...

Death is permanent...

It is the one thing in life that is certain...

We are afraid to die more than anything else...

Lisa thought that people feared death not because they are afraid of dying, but because they cannot grasp the dread of leaving behind the people they care about most, and the fear of inflicting suffering on them...

Furthermore... When it's your turn, there's nothing left for you to do but wonder where souls actually go???

Irene mumbles, "I turn off the air conditioning, but you're still shivering."

"Irene Unnie," Jisoo said as she entered Lisa's room.

"Here's the blanket you requested.  I ask the maid to give me three thick blankets in case it's not enough"  Jisoo placed the blankets over the bed's edge.

"Thank you Jisoo" Irene covered Lisa again with blankets that Jisoo brought..

"Is she truly only sick from a fever as a result of her exhaustion?" Jisoo inquires she is hesitant.

Irene said, "That's what Dr. Iu said."

"H-Hyun c-can you h-hug me" Lisa weakly mumbles....

Jisoo sighs, doubting that it's only a fever... But, because Iu is a doctor and knows more than she does, she has no choice but to believe, despite the fact that a portion of her mind does not.

"Of course Babe," Irene said as she lay next Lisa, caressing her arm to keep her warm.

"I'm only going to accompany Lisa's relatives." Irene did nothing except nod...

Seulgi was standing in front of Lisa's open door when Jisoo turned around.

Seulgi had been strolling throughout Lisa's house when she came to a stand in front of Lisa's open door, starring at her shaking figure.

Lisa had been alone for years, and when she became ill, no one was there to care for her. I had no idea how much sorrow I had caused my sister. Seulgi thought to herself, "I'm such a jackass..."

Jisoo asks abruptly, "Was it fun to watch her?"

"It was painful," Seulgi murmured as Jisoo rolled her eyes and walked away...

"Jisoo," Seulgi spoke as Jisoo walked past her...

Jisoo looked at Seulgi coldly and asked, "What?"

"Can I speak with you? If not, I understand, " Seulgi says, looking down...

-------

"From what I've heard, you appear to be having a lot of fun with Lisa, and realizing how cruel I am to my own sister," Seulgi said, starring at the garden with a heavy heart.

"She's a lot of fun to be around." Jisoo sighs, but her lips are still smiling...

"I'm furious with you for completely destroying her childhood, but I'm glad because of what you did to Lisa, the bravest person I've ever known."

She admits, "Yeah, I just know I'm a horrible sister." Seulgi mumbles, "She doesn't deserve us," 

"Yes, she does not deserve you, your mother, or your father," Jisoo says...