[51]

Lisa squeezed her eyes to have a better sight before looking to everyone, finally settling on Irene.

"I'm sorry" She breathily said.

"What for?" Irene inquires."I apologize for lying to all of you. I've been lying for how many months. I began lying after I was released from the hospital, I lied to you when I said I would be out of the country since the fact was that I was just in the hospital."

"God sake, Lisa, what are you talking about! Can you get to the point quickly? " Irene stated emphatically, waiting eagerly.

"I'm sick!" She shortly reply.

Lisa gritted her teeth and said, "I have cancer."

"Oh" Was all Irene said, it came out almost like an accident of spilling out of water. Her mouth opened, and words are caught in her throat. Her beautiful eyes lost any glimmer of life as the seconds passed, becoming rounder and veiled in a layer of gloss. Her brain scrambling to make sense.

Wendy, who is going to switch off the TV, Jisoo, who is about to get the document, Rose, who is eating, stops nibbling, Jennie, who is about to rise, Joy, and Yeri, who are petting the cats, all come to a halt. Everyone is in a state of shock as they try to digest what Lisa said. When a shattered glass echoed in the living room, it was from the maid who passed by and heard Lisa was unwell.

"I'm sorry. I was so shocked," the maid says as she reaches for a broom to clean the vase she inadvertently dropped.

"What type of c-cancer is it?" Irene asks, her voice trembling. Lisa is aware that Irene is holding back her tears.

"The most aggressive kind of cancer that begins within the brain."

Irene looked up, trying not to fall her tears "Why didn't you tell me? Why did you lie? "

"I can't stand watching you all sorrow me. If you know, I'll never be able to make you happy because you'll continuously be worrying about me, and you'll be too preoccupied with taking care of me to instead of enjoy yourself. Second, I was terrified that if you knew I had cancer, you would abandon me. Of course, you'll abandon me, cuz who else would want a sick girlfriend? Nobody! " Lisa cynically replied, her face contorted with anguish.

"You're stupid, Lisa!" Irene slapped her. "I'm not the kind to abandon you easily! I will never leave you hanging alone. I'm always be by your side in happy times and until the painful trials of your life. Whatever happens, I will not abandon you. You are aware of this. "

"No! You'll leave me sooner because you'll get weary of me, I'm a burden. You'll be tired of helping my fucking self! Irene, maybe today, tomorrow, or the following day I won't be able to get out of bed, I won't be able to walk, and worst of all, I might forget all of you, even you, Irene, " Lisa remarked.

"What are you saying, Lisa? Listen, I'll never leave you. Lisa, I'll accompany you to the hospital, I will never get tired, Lisa. Let's get rid of that tumor in your head," Irene said, clutching Lisa's hands.

Lisa muttered, "Irene."

"What! You cannot simply let yourself die! No way! You can't leave me like that! "Irene is already sobbing, and everyone else is crying.

"Operation will never be the solution, Irene. There is no cure for my condition. I'm merely taking medications to slow my death. I only have 6 months to live, and this is my final month," Lisa stated, as she gently wiped Irene's tears away.

Irene's brain registered the words. Her breath came in tiny puffs of air as she tried to hold back her new threatening tears, but she choked, and she couldn't stop her emotions after hearing Lisa.