Epilogue

March 29, 2079... 

Seulgi POV

There are only two ways to live your life. One is through everything is a miracle. The other is as through nothing is a miracle.

I choose to believe the latter, and for good reason...

Lisa once reminded me that there are often more things than meets the eye.

That if we can zoom out a little, we'll realize that life is happening for us, not to us. And if we just allow it to, the ride can be beautiful, awesome, and fantastic.

But she never said it would be easy...

Look, I get it. It doesn't always seem like rainbows and butterflies.

It's hard to zoom out in a moment like this. It's hard to believe that this was life happening for me. Or for any of us.

"Are you okay? Any pain?" I was cut off by my thoughts when my mother asked me.

"A-ah no pain, just having a hard time breathing, but I can handle it," I said and smiled. Mother properly put on the oxygen mask.

Well, I'm in a hospital that my sister owns. I've been here for days waiting for a donor that seems like I will never get. Why do I believe in miracles? Is it because Lisa forgave us? Ahh, I don't know.

I look around the room. Everyone is almost present here except for Lisa. I've been calling her but she's not picking up her phone. Mina told me that Lisa was acting weird when they accidentally met and said that she don't know her and said she didn't have siblings. Maybe she's tricking Mina. I know her, she's mischievous at times.

Lisa must be busy right now, knowing that she owns different properties. 

My gaze turned to Dr. Iu who came in. She looks sad and happy at the same time. My mother said that Dr. Iu was shocked when she saw me rush to the emergency with 50/50 life. So I begged Dr. Iu not to tell Lisa that I was critically ill, and she agreed.

I've been sick since 7th grade, and only Lisa doesn't know. Don't get me wrong, I want to tell Lisa that I'm sick when Lisa forgives us, but I can't pull off myself to tell. Something that I have enough pity for and I don't want to add more to. I want someone to look at me that doesn't always worry and ask if I'm okay from time to time.

"Mrs. and Mr. Manoban I have good news. The donor is already at the OR, which means we'll be operating on the patient right now," Dr. Iu said.

"Really?! Thank you so much," Father said. The room became lively and full of joy. However, Dr. Iu is the opposite, but she still tries to smile.

"You heard that? You have donor now. You'll never feel any pain again," Mom said, with tears of joy in her eyes. I nodded because I'm happy too. I'll be able to spend more time with my family and especially Lisa. I'll be the best sister to her.

They started to push my bed going to the operating room, and once I'm inside I saw two bodies. One is a kid who is operated by the eyes. Wait! That's Lucas. I turned to my side but I wasn't able to see since my sight started to blur and I dozed off. This must be the anesthesia.

March 26, 2079...

I smile as soon as I place my hand on my chest, where my heart is. It's been one week since my heart operation and here I am almost recovered. I still can't believe I'm alive and breathing properly.

"Excited to go home?" asked Dad.

"Yeah", I whispered.

"Do you feel hurt? We'll call the doctor" Dad asked when he saw my hand is touching my chest.