ೃ⁀➷iv. ɪɴᴛᴇʀʀᴏɢᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅ

________________________

THEY MANAGED TO capture Loki once again, with the help of their new ally who called himself Thor, the God of Thunder. After getting everyone back to the helicarrier, a group of soldiers took Loki away in order to lock him in a cell.

"In case it's unclear," (Y/N) heard Fury say over a security camera. "If you try to escape, if you so much scratch that glass, it's 30,000 feet straight down in a steal trap. You get how that works?"

"Ant, boot." Fury finished.

Loki chuckled in amusement. "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury explained.

"Oh, I've heard." Loki said as he locked eyes with the security camera inside the cell, as if he was making eye contact with (Y/N).

"A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man." Loki continued, and (Y/N) lifted her gaze from the tablet to see Bruce shifting uncomfortably on his feet.

"How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

"How desperate am I?" Fury questioned. "You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh." Loki hummed. "It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is."

Fury took time to reply. "Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something."

As quick as it started, the video tape ended, which caused everyone in the room to be silent before Bruce spoke up.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" he asked.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve said.

Thor, who was standing in the middle of the room, said, "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army. . .from outer space," Steve sighed, nervousness flashing in his eyes.

"So, he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Bruce concluded.