ೃ⁀➷xxxvii. ʜɪᴅɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴄᴏɴғᴇssɪᴏɴs

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

(Y/N) AND THE BOYS took shelter in an abandoned warehouse as they hid away from the government. Steve had dragged Bucky's unconscious body all over the place and carefully placed him in a secure spot, all of them waiting for him to wake up.

Sam thought it would be a good idea to let the couple alone for a few minutes as he waited for Bucky to open his eyes, noticing that the two had unfamiliar looks on their faces.

Once Sam left, Steve whirled around to face (Y/N) and crossed his arms. "You okay? It looks like you got something on your mind."

(Y/N) dropped her tense shoulders and exhaled a long breath. "I have a lot in my mind at this moment," she then rubbed her face with her hands. "This is a mess."

"Agreed."

"I wanted to tell you. . ." (Y/N) cleared her throat. "Nat and I had a fight back there."

Steve's eyes widened in surprise. "What? Don't tell me it's about — "

"Yes."

"(Y/N), if I knew what was going to happen, if I. . .I shouldn't have brought you into this." he looked extremely apologetic. "It's my fault."

"You didn't know, Steve. Nobody did," she walked closer to him so that she was able to cradle his face in her hands. "It's not your fault either, that argument was going to happen sooner or later."

"But still," Steve debated. "You got hurt, you almost got taken away. What if something worse happens and I'm not able to stop it?"

"Don't say that. I'm safe and sound in front of you right now," (Y/N) shook her head.

Steve completely ignored her words and continued on rambling. "What if I'm not able to see you anymore? I can't. . ."

(Y/N) didn't interrupt him this time as Steve was figuring out his words, opening and closing his mouth every now and then.

"I can't loose you. I care too much about you to let you go," Steve turned his gaze to the dirty floor. "I. . .I think I'm in love with you."

(Y/N) froze on her spot at his words, not knowing how to react. She had never thought in a million years that she'll have a person that loves her fully, accepting all of her flaws and mistakes that she'd made in the past, hell, she didn't even think someone will actually care for her in a romantic way.

Steve made her feel completely different; every passing second she spent with him, she found herself to be at home. At that very moment, (Y/N) realized she had the same feeling for him.