ೃ⁀➷xlv. ᴘᴇʀᴍɪssɪᴏɴs

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

THE NEXT MORNING, the group of four sat around the wooden table of the small room, which could barely even hold the weight of the cups and plates over it. As (Y/N) quietly stirred her coffee in silence, she felt a pair of eyes looking at her from the side, so she raised her head to lock eyes with the person.

"Why are you glaring at me like that?" She asked first, her hands still in the spoon while they stirred the coffee inside the mug.

"Oh, now you act innocent?" Sam replied back, an eyebrow raised.

"I don't know what you're talking about," (Y/N) placed the mug on the wooden table.

"You know exactly what," Sam followed on with crossed arms. "Did you and Steve took a trip to pound town — did the dirty — yesterday?"

Steve spilled the coffee and barely dropped the mug that was in his lips, coughing awkwardly at the last statement as he tried to regain his posture. All Natasha did was hide her smirk from behind her tea and watch the conversation unfold.

"Can you act normal for once? Call it by its real name," was the only response coming from (Y/N), though she seemed embarrassed.

"Still, did you do it?"

"I don't see how that's any of your business."

"It's my business if you didn't use protection! I don't want to see little Steve's and (Y/N) while we're hiding — "

"I can't get pregnant, dipshit," (Y/N) interrupted him loudly. "I don't have a uterus or ovaries."

Natasha snorted out her tea and tried to act natural by grabbing a napkin to clean the spilled drink from the table and her lips.

"What?"

"Yeah, that's what happens when the organization that kidnaps you when you are 10 gives you an involuntary hysterectomy," (Y/N) explained. "They just kinda go in, and they rip out all your reproductive organs."

She raised her hands in the air and moved them dramatically to add more detail on what she was saying, and all Sam did was recoil back as his eyes widened at (Y/N)'s words.

"They just get in, chop them all away, everything out. So you can't have babies — "

"Ew! I didn't need to know about that," Sam groaned.

"Well, I was about to brag that I don't have my period but okay," (Y/N) shrugged.

"You can't get your period?!"

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

AFTER THE EVENTS from the breakfast table, (Y/N) had distracted herself in doing things she never would've expected to do if she wasn't forced to stay hidden. She stayed inside the room she shared with Steve and concentrated in making a puzzle.

From the other side of the dirty apartment, Steve hesitantly approached to where Natasha was sitting in the couch, eating a spoonful of pudding as she watched a movie without any bother in the world.

"Natasha," he called, looking behind his shoulder to make sure that the others weren't listening.

"Hey," Natasha replied without moving her eyes from the box television in front of her. "Can we pause whatever you're going to say for later? I'm busy."

"It's important," Steve whispered.

"And why are you whis — "

"Please," Steve joined her side by the couch. "You're the only one that can help me."

"Why aren't you asking (Y/N)? Are you cheating? Because I swear to — " Natasha threatened, moving her head from the television to point at him with the spoon.

"No!" Steve said. "I would never. It's just a surprise I have planned."

"Oh," Natasha dropped her guard, though she still seemed hesitant. "What surprise? Now I'm interested."

"I need your permission," Steve lowered his voice. 

"Permission for what?"

He reached out to his jeans and pulled a blue velvet squared-shaped box out of his pocket, cradling with care as he stared down on it like he held the world in his hands.

"No way," Natasha gasped. "I already want to help you. But don't tell Sam or he'll accidentally tell her."

"It needs to be special," Steve fixed his gaze on the box before putting it back in its place in his pocket.

"I still don't get it, why do you need my permission?"

"Because you're her sister. The only person of her family that I fully know about."

Natasha smirked at the thought. "Go ahead, Steve. I'm not stopping you."

It seemed like the weight of the world was removed out of Steve's shoulders, since he let out a loud sigh of relief at Natasha's words.

"But — " he perked up and the nerves came back. "If you screw this up, if you break her heart, or even hurt her in any way. . . they'll be three assassins and a Russian super soldier coming to kick your ass."

Steve laughed in response, though he was confused over who was the Russian super soldier she was talking about. Natasha only stared back at him with a serious expression.

"I mean it."

"Oh."