ೃ⁀➷ xxix. ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ sᴏᴋᴏᴠɪᴀ

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

(Y/N), STEVE, AND NATASHA immediately rushed over to guide the civilians outside and lead them to the lifeboats, were staff was already waiting for them with medical supplies in hand.

(Y/N) walked over to a crowd and signaled them to keep moving, watching their back if the robots came back once again. As people walked past her, some even nodded their head in a thankful manner, which made her nod in the same way.

"Thor, I got a plan," Tony said from comms.

"We're out of time," Thor replied. "They're coming for the core."

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier." Tony ordered. "Avengers, time to work for a living."

(Y/N) ran the fastest she could over to the church in the center of the city, where Tony, Thor and Vision were already surrounding the core, not letting the robots get through them. She used her batons to knock down one upcoming robot and Steve saw this, helping her and used his shield to destroy the robot to pieces.

"Romanoff," Tony said. "You and Banner better not be playing 'hide the zucchini'."

"Relax, shellhead," Natasha answered. "Not all of us can fly."

Natasha arrived to the church not two seconds later, crashing the yellow truck that had been her ride to the place. She ran inside without help, joining the rest of the team.

"What's the drill?" she asked.

"This is the drill," Tony explained. "If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

The Hulk jumped on top of two incoming robots, growling in anger as he tore them apart without difficulty. (Y/N) looked behind him as he joined the group and saw how Ultron got into view, levitating in the air.

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor challenged.

Ultron raised a hand and at that exact moment, an army of thousands of robots swarmed in the city, all piled up as they waited for the order of attack.

"Men. Always the voice of reason," (Y/N) muttered sarcastically.

"You had to ask," Steve sighed.

"This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted," Ultron said calmly. "All of you against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?"