ೃ⁀➷xxxv. ᴛʜᴇʏ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴄʀɪᴍɪɴᴀʟs

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

WITH INTENSE WORRY, (Y/N) reached to grab her phone from her purse and dialed Natasha's number immediately. She didn't care if they weren't in the best terms, she just needed to make sure that her sis— friend was alright.

She stood in the outsides of a cafeteria as she waited for Natasha to answer, not wanting to disturb the others on the shop. Sam and Steve were already waiting for her inside.

"Yeah?" the sound of her voice made (Y/N)'s nerves wash away.

"You okay? Did you get hurt?" (Y/N) quizzed.

"Love the sudden worry for me, but I'm fine. I got lucky. . ." there was a long pause, but Natasha's heavy breathing and the sirens from the background could be heard through the phone.

"You and I both know how much Barnes means to Steve. So I suggest you tell him to stay home. This will only make things worse. For all of us."

(Y/N) tried to not roll her eyes at her words. "At the end of the day, Im not the one in charge of Steve's decisions."

"But he'll listen to you."

"So, hypothetically speaking, what would you do if we get involved? You'll arrest me?"

"No." Natasha replied without a doubt. "But someone else will. That's how it is now."

"Great," (Y/N) muttered sarcastically. "I gotta go. I'll do the best I can to convince him."

(Y/N) ended the phone call after that, knowing fully well that she wouldn't do the last statement. She just hoped it would go smoothly and without any interferences.

(Y/N) turned on her heel and stepped in the cafeteria, walking straight to the bar where Steve and Sam were leaning against, both men wearing sunglasses and caps as a disguise. In her personal opinion, (Y/N) thought it looked ridiculous.

"What did she say?" Sam asked from her right side as she reached them.

"To make sure that Steve stays out of it," (Y/N) replied and she grabbed the cup of coffee that was placed in front of her.

"Might have a point." Sam added.

"He'd do it for me," Steve muttered.

"1945, maybe. I just want to make sure we consider all our options. The people that shoot at you usually wing up shooting at both of us," Sam signaled to (Y/N) and him as he continued mixing his cup.