𝚎𝚡𝚝𝚛𝚊: sʜᴇ ʟᴇᴀʀɴs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ

📍ROCKEFELLER CENTER ≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

📍ROCKEFELLER CENTER
≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

YELENA BELOVA STOOD with a proud stance above Clint Barton, glaring down at him as she caught her breath from the previous fight she had inside the building with Kate Bishop. She saw how the man laid on the ice rink's floor and didn't even try to get up, blood trailing down his lips.

"Before I kill you," Yelena began, panting. "I need to ask you one question."

"It's nice to finally meet you, Yelena," Clint spoke from his spot on the floor, he stood on his knees and looked back at the blonde, who didn't move from her spot.

"I need to know what happened," she said.

Clint hissed and cradled his injured arm close to his chest before responding. "Look, Yelena, if I told you what really happened you'd never believe me. But what you need to know. . .is your sister sacrificed herself, and she saved the world."

"I'm sorry."

Yelena shook her head, strands of her blonde hair falling down from the long braid to her face. She thought that he was continuing to expand the lie. "You're lying."

"What?"

"You're pathetic," Yelena snarled. "You're so pathetic."

She took a step forward and kicked him in the chest with a yell, making Clint fly backwards into the ground. She kept aiming blows at him, kick followed by a different attack, but Clint didn't seem to fight back, all he did was block them and take a step back, being careful in not stepping on the fallen Christmas tree behind him.

Yelena grabbed him by the shoulders and Clint copied her actions, the two facing each other as she still had that fiery look in her eye, not daring to back away from her objective.

"Nobody killed her. She made a choice," Clint spoke calmly.

"Stop lying!" Yelena yelled and threw him back before flipping him on his back, his body colliding against the floor with a grunt.

Yelena punched him in the face and in the ribs, not loosing her rhythm until Clint pulled her back and pressed her back against his chest, an arm wrapped around her neck to prevent her from moving.

"You're not listening to me," Clint said. "She sacrificed herself, understand? I couldn't stop her."

Yelena paused, her breath growing heavier as she seemed to consider his words for a small moment before she changed back. "No."