ೃ⁀➷ xxvii. ɴᴇᴡ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

STEVE AND (Y/N), along with the twins (who had finally introduced themselves to her with the names Pietro and Wanda), returned back to the tower in New York to stop whatever was going to be done with the cradle.

Though they already had too much problems in their heads, (Y/N) wanted to ask about Natasha. She didn't hear her voice on comms or nothing at all when she stepped into the tower. It worried her deeply.

"I'm gonna say it once," Steve said loudly as the four walked into the lab, where Tony and Bruce worked besides the cradle.

"How about 'none-oce?" Tony replied.

"You need to shut it down," (Y/N) spoke up.

"Nope, not gonna happen," Tony continued, walking away from them.

"You don't know what you're doing," Steve insisted.

"And both of you do?" Bruce asked. "She's not in your heads?"

He pointed over at Wanda, who was in the back with her brother, and stepped away from the shadows and walked closer.

"I know you're angry," Wanda began.

"Oh, we're way past that," Bruce said. "I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"Banner, after everything that's happened — "

"It's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony yelled.

"You don't know what's in there!"

"This isn't a game!"

Before the yells and the argument went any further, Pietro ran out of the place he was standing and circled the lab in a blink of an eye, making everyone pause when he stopped and held wires in his hands. The sound of the power from the cradle slowing down was echoing through the walls.

"No, no. Go on," Pietro said. "You were saying?"

The familiar sound of a gunshot echoed (Y/N)'s ears, and she looked right on time when a bullet shot from below the glass floor Pietro was standing on before shattering, bringing the boy down.

"Pietro!" Wanda yelled.

"What?" (Y/N) heard Clint say from below. "You didn't see that coming?"

"I'm rerouting the upload," Tony announced.

"Tony, I'm not going to say this again, shut it down!" (Y/N) shouted.