ೃ⁀➷x. ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɴᴇᴡs

_____________________________

TO SAY STEVE was pissed was an understatement. Right after the mission, he had marched down to Fury's office to inform him about it, that he wasn't comfortable with working with people who didn't tell him the full story.

Natasha only shrugged it off, not caring that much about it, but (Y/N) couldn't help but feel guilty in having to hide many things about her from her colleagues.

Once they got back to the headquarters, (Y/N) got the liberty to leave the place and have a free evening in her apartment, which she was glad about, since all she wanted to do was free herself from that tight black suit and lay on the couch.

Natasha, being the annoying 'older sibling' decided to stay with her all the afternoon, spending it watching movies and shows on the TV. (Y/N) felt normal for once in a long time, it felt nice to have a peaceful time with her long time friend, or 'sister' as it was before.

As they were watching their fifth movie, (Y/N) decided to speak up. "Do you think she misses us?"

Natasha didn't have to ask who was she talking about. It was a thought that ran into her head many times, even if she didn't want to admit it. (Y/N) was referring to their 'little sister'.

"She probably hates us," Natasha stated. "Even if she's free now, I don't think she'll like to see us."

"But I do miss her," (Y/N) confessed. "Sometimes I miss the days we all spent together."

Natasha stayed quiet. "I think I do too. You were less annoying back then."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at her, but Natasha chuckled. Natasha would be lying if she said she didn't miss those days, that mission on Ohio when she was young. How nice would it be to be just kids back then.

But no, their lives were complicated now, and Natasha had assigned one mission to herself, one she hadn't failed at all, which was taking care of her younger sister until her final breath.

They spent the entire night eating, drinking and watching movies until both received a call from Agent Maria Hill, urging them to come to the hospital as soon as possible.

Confused, (Y/N) questioned what happened and who was injured, and Maria replied with a choked voice, saying that Fury had gotten shot and was in critical condition.

Both of them dropped what they were doing and rushed to the hospital as fast as they could, (Y/N)'s mind rushing with thoughts. She felt her heart at her throat, all her body shook with anxiety.