ೃ⁀➷vii. ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴏʀᴋ

__________________________

MORE ALIENS SWARMED into them, and the three decided it was time to step in and fight them, so Clint continued firing his arrows while he reused some of them to impale the others.

Natasha fought back and managed to use one of the aliens' weapons against them, and (Y/N) used her skills to shoot them down with electric shocks.

They continued on like this until Steve stepped in, using his shield to push, and slice the ones that were surrounding them. Many other aliens continued approaching them, but they didn't have a chance to attack before electricity crackled from the sky, knocking them off instantly.

From the sky, Thor landed on the ground softly, leaning onto the side of a car to balance himself.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve asked him.

"The poser surrounding the Cube is impenetrable." Thor explained.

"Thor's right. We got a deal with these guys." Tony's voice said.

"How do we do this?" Natasha suggested.

"As a team." Steve replied.

"Well, that's optimistic." (Y/N) muttered.

"I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor continued.

"Yeah? Well, get in line." Clint said.

"Save it," Steve sighed. "Loki's going to keep this fight focused on us, and that's what we need. Without him, these things could run wild."

"We got Stark up top. He's going to need us to — "

The sound of a motorbike's engine interrupted him, and all of them turned around to see Bruce Banner himself driving up to them. Everyone approached him silently.

"So, this all seems horrible," Bruce said.

"I've seen worse," (Y/N) replied, looking at him up and down.

"Sorry," he apologized.

"No, we could use a little worse," Natasha cut in.

"Stark, we got him," Steve informed.

"Banner?" Tony questioned.

"Just like you said."

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you," Tony replied.

The outline of Tony's Iron Man suit was visible from a few miles away, he was flying away from one of the enormous creatures, coming up to them.

"I don't think your definition of 'party' matches mine, Stark," (Y/N) said.

The creature had lowered itself to the ground, destroying cars that came across its way, and Bruce wasted no time in walking closer to it.

"Dr. Banner," Steve called. "Now might be a really good time for you to get angry."