ೃ⁀➷l. ᴀʀʀɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀᴋᴀɴᴅᴀ

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

"DROP TO 2600, heading 0-3-0," Steve ordered from his standing position in the cockpit of the jet, directing Sam over the right coordinates to arrive safely to Wakanda.

"I hope you're right about this," Sam said. "Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to."

(Y/N) got the perfect view of how the jet dived into the deep and green jungle before passing through the invisible border, which allowed them to enter into the inside of Wakanda.

Sam led the jet into the inside of the country, through the thousands of bright and futuristic buildings and monuments until the jet landed into the center of a silver platform, guiding them safely into their destination.

The rear hatch opened and waiting for them stood King T'Challa with General Okoye and the rest of the Dora Milaje, staring at the group with emotionless expressions.

(Y/N) and Natasha walked on either side of Steve as they stepped into broad daylight, approaching the king.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something," Steve began once the trio stopped in front of the group. He extended his hand in greeting and T'Challa received it with a genuine smile.

Someone cleared their throat from behind the trio and (Y/N) turned around to see Bruce getting down on his knees awkwardly, as if he was ready to bow to T'Challa.

"What are you doing?" Rhodey asked incredulously.

"Uh, we don't do that here," T'Challa excused his actions and Bruce stood up from the floor looking embarrassed.

"So how big of an assault should we expect?" T'Challa continued as turned his back at the group and started leading them away.

"Uh, sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault," Bruce said nervously.

"How we looking?" Natasha asked the king.

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and. . ."

"And a semi-stable 100-year-old man," Bucky walked into view with a smile in his features.

It had been a long time since (Y/N) had last seen him, and she noticed that his hair was longer and that his metal arm wasn't bright silver anymore, it was black with gold.

Steve embraced him in a hug and (Y/N) smiled softly at the reunion. "How you been, Buck?"

"Uh, not bad, for the end of the world," Bucky answered with a smile.

His eyes then fixed on the woman behind his best friend, and he nodded his head in a greeting.

"I heard about the news," Bucky said teasingly. "I better be the best man."

"Too late, old man. I already demanded than spot," Sam interfered.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes playfully. "We'll have this conversation later, alright?"

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

THE GROUP WAS led into the insides of Shuri's lab, who was the right person for this particular job they had in mind. Vision was laying peacefully on the table while Bruce and Shuri stood on either side of him.

Shuri used her Kimoyo beads to scan the side of Vision's head, her eyes widening in awe as she saw the projected image in the palm of her hand.

"The structure is polymorphic," Shuri muttered.

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially," Bruce said.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Shuri questioned.

The color drained from Bruce's face as he came to realization and Vision turned to look at him with a questioning look.

"Because we didn't think of it," Bruce replied sheepishly, though he seemed doubtful of his answer.

"I'm sure you did your best," Shuri said.

"Can you do it?" Wanda asked hopefully, looking at the princess.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures. It will take time, brother," Shuri explained.

"How long?" (Y/N) quizzed.

"As long as you can give me."

The Kimoyo beads on Okoye's wrist started trilling loudly, causing the general to take a look and check the problem. The noise suddenly changed to a beeping alarm as Okoye projected the image of the globe in her palm.

"Something's entered the atmosphere."

(Y/N)'s nerves rose at her sentence, not knowing what would happen next if the army got their hands on the Mind stone. She didn't even want to think about it.

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here," Sam spoke through comms.

(Y/N) got to see how a large, fire covered structure collided into the protection dome around Wakanda, a loud rumble escaping  through as the structure crumbled from the impact.

"God, I love this place," Bucky murmured.

"Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys," Rhodey interrupted. "We got more incoming outside the dome."

More than one similar structure fell down from the sky and into the outsides of the barrier, crashing into the grass fields and covering them in fire and dust as everyone watched from the inside of the lab. All (Y/N) could do was exchange a nervous look with Natasha.

"It's too late," Vision said. "We need to destroy the stone now."

"Vision, get your ass back on the table," Natasha moved away from the window.

"We will hold them off," T'Challa stated.

"Wanda, as soon as that stone's out of his head. . . you blow it to hell." Steve turned back to the redhead.

Wanda caught (Y/N)'s eye and nodded slowly. "I will."

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defenses," T'Challa ordered and began walking away with the Dora Milaje following behind him. "And get this man a shield."