ೃ⁀➷lxiii. sᴜᴄᴄᴇsғᴜʟ ᴛᴇsᴛ

📍TOKYO, JAPAN ≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

📍TOKYO, JAPAN
≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

THE HEAVY RAIN poured down to the dark streets of Tokyo, the bright and neon posters being the only source of light in the city. Two umbrellas covered the sisters from the pouring rain, walking though a street as they approached the person they were looking for.

The Ronin stood above of a Japanese man, who was practically begging for mercy below him. The man that stood the upper hand only held his signature sword in the air before ending with the man's life, blood staining the silver sword.

The Ronin took off his hood and mask, already feeling the presence of the people behind him. "You shouldn't be here."

"And you should?" (Y/N) spoke up first, holding the umbrella close to her, Natasha by her side.

He turned his head to look behind him, the familiar face of Clint Barton being recognizable over the faint neon lights.

"I've got a job to do," he said.

"Is that what you're calling this?" Natasha inquired. "Killing all these people isn't gonna bring your family back."

(Y/N) and Natasha took a step forward to get closer to Clint, who hadn't moved from standing above the dead man on the floor.

"We found something," (Y/N) continued. "A possibility to — "

"Don't," Clint interrupted, his face contoured in pain and his tears weren't visible due to the drops of rain.

"Don't what?" Natasha asked.

"Don't give me hope."

Natasha swallowed the lump in her throat as her own vision turned cloudy. "I'm sorry we couldn't give it to you sooner."

Clint looked down to the ground and didn't say anything, and (Y/N) took his hand in hers with hesitance, the feeling of fear leaving her body when she realized that he was accepting the gesture.

And at that exact moment, the Ronin disappeared from existence, many would believe that he was finally assassinated, but the truth was that he only received the care and love that he occupied in his lowest moment.

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

📍AVENGERS COMPOUND

BACK AT THE compound, the rest of the team had already began working on the big version  quantum tunnel, preparing the advanced tech suits and Pym particles for the test runs.