ೃ⁀➷liii. ᴛᴏɴʏ's ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ

📍AVENGERS COMPOUND ≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

📍AVENGERS COMPOUND
≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

"THIS IS YELENA. LEAVE A MESSAGE AND CONTACT ME LATER."

(Y/N) exhaled a nervous breath, her hands shaking out of the nerves that were eating her alive. She held the phone in one hand as the other played with the ends of her hair, trying to find something to distract herself.

"Yelena, I need you to call me as soon as you get this, please," (Y/N) stopped to take a deep breath. "It's urgent. I need to make sure you're okay."

The message was saved on the mailbox but it didn't calm her nerves down, so she dialed the number and placed the phone beside her ear one more time.

"Natasha and I are freaking out. I need to hear your voice and tell me you're alright. Please, as soon as you get this. . .contact me."

The phone beeped again and (Y/N) wiped away the unshed tears threatening to fall down her face, she didn't want to believe that her young sister was gone, it wouldn't be fair. But then again, is anything in life fair?

A loud rumble was what distracted (Y/N) from her negative thoughts, and she looked up to see the mirror from her room shaking slightly before another sensation shook the building.

(Y/N) bolted out of her room and ran outside the compound to get a better look on what was causing the loud noise, and the other survivors were already following behind her. Natasha, Bruce, Pepper, Rhodey and a freshly shaven Steve ran outside to get a better look.

An enormous spaceship lowered down to the ground carefully, but someone seemed to be holding it from below to place it safely on the grass field of the enormous compound. The faint glow of Carol Danvers disappeared once she touched the ground, turning back at the group with a worried look on her face.

The rear hatch of the spaceship opened and down stepped two figures, one holding on to the other like they might crumble if they let go. (Y/N) squinted her vision to get a better look, and her heart stopped once she recognized who it was.

Steve was already bolting towards the two people, and she sprinted after him, getting a closer look at the companion beside him. She had peculiar blue skin, her head was shaven and her arms were robotic.

Steve helped Tony down the last two steps of the spaceship and held him by the side to guide him away. Tony didn't look in the best conditions, his arms were scrawny and the color had drained from his skin; his had was placed on his side as he limped forwards.

(Y/N) gave a short nod at the companion behind the two, sparing a quick glance of appreciation of coming back safely.

"Couldn't stop him." she heard Tony mutter.

"Neither could I." Steve answered.

Tony stopped and took a deep breath. "I lost the kid."

(Y/N)'s breath hitched as she immediately knew who he was referring too. This made her presence known to the two and a wave of relief washed over Tony's face as he saw her before him.