ೃ⁀➷xlviii. ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡᴇsᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴛ

2018📍EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND ≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

2018
📍EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND
≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

THE LOUD CRASH of the window roof was the noise that distracted both Wanda and Vision from each other. The android was resting his back against a metal pole, grunting in pain as he held onto the side of his stomach while the woman stood up alerted, protecting the other.

Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive stood in front of her, their staffs they used as weapons held tightly in their hands. All they could do is offer the owner of the stone a sneer, watching how Wanda formed two spheres of red mist in her hand.

Wanda panted to catch her breath, ready to defend Vision behind her, when the blaring of a train horn drowned all sounds from the train station. It grew louder and louder as the train passed behind them, but it caught the attention of everyone in the scene.

Wanda dared to drop her guard and look back, missing the way Proxima Midnight squinted her gaze to see something behind the train, which looked much like a human figure.

When the train had finally passed the station, everyone was able to see a blurry figure standing motionless over the other side of the tracks while hiding in the shadows. This made Proxima Midnight annoyed, since she let out a grunt and threw her staff at the figure.

Much to her surprise, the figure of the dark caught the staff with ease, grabbing it with their left hand before stepping out of the shadow slowly. The relief showed on Wanda and Vision's face instantly.

The familiar figure of Steve Rogers made Corvus and Proxima grow even more frustrated and angry than before, not having the time to react when Sam Wilson flew into the scene, throwing Proxima into a shop and firing at Corvus.

Running into the scene from behind Corvus came in (Y/N) Zolohov and Natasha Romanoff, both in their respective stealth suit as ran towards the standing alien.

(Y/N) effortlessly grabbed the staff that Steve threw her way and stabbed Corvus in the stomach as Natasha slid on her knees from behind, using her batons to kick on his legs. A loud scream of pain escaped from Corvus's throat as (Y/N) removed the staff out his chest, turning around to roundhouse kicking him to throw him back and handing the staff back to Natasha.

Before Natasha could cause more harm on Corvus, who was wriggling in pain on the floor, the staff was pulled away from her with a strong force, both women turning around to see Proxima Midnight aiming a blow at them.

Steve rushed into the scene and grabbed the other staff from the floor to block it, using all his strength to push her back as Natasha grabbed her batons once again and (Y/N) got a hold of the staff. All three of them dodged every single blow she tried to make, grunting and panting as Proxima didn't seem to stop.

Sam flew back towards the group and pushed her back once again, throwing her on the ground besides Corvus. Sam landed besides the trio and aimed his guns at the aliens in the floor.

"Get up," Proxima urged, pressing a hand on his wound.

"I can't," Corvus grunted.

"We don't wanna kill you, but we will," Natasha muttered, glaring down at the two.

"You'll never get the chance again," Proxima answered before pressing her hand on her forearm, causing a blue light to emit from above. The soft blue light pulled them both into the sky and even took the staff that was on Steve's hand.

(Y/N) was able to see from the hole on the roof the circle shaped spaceship that carried both Proxima and Corvus to safety, seeing how it flew away from the scene and into the dark night sky.

Steve, (Y/N) and Natasha turned their attention back to their wounded friends and walked towards them with Sam already getting closer. Wanda and Vision were still kneeling on the floor as the android winced in pain.

"Can you stand?" Sam asked and extended his arm towards Vision, pulling him up to his feet and wrapping his arm around his shoulders to provide support.

"Thank you, Captain," Vision nodded, his face being grateful but it reflected pain from the large wound on his side.

"Let's get you on the jet," was Steve's only answer.

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

THE GROUP GOT into the jet safely, finally being able to take a deep breath and try to think through about the recent situation. Sam was the one in control of flying it out of the city and into the dark night sky as the others stayed in the back.

"Now, I thought we had a deal," Natasha spoke up, closing the rear hatch. "Stay close, check in, don't take any chances."

"And I thought we had agreed on a call every weekend, updating each other on everything," (Y/N) added on, looking at the couple sitting on the side of the jet.

"I'm sorry," Wanda apologized. "We just wanted time."

The jet stayed silent as (Y/N) walked up to Steve, who was standing silently while staring at the ground, listening to everyone's words. Natasha joined Sam on the cockpit.

"Where to, Cap?"

"Home."