ೃ⁀➷xii. ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ

_____________________

SNEAKING INTO THE mall didn't seem like a difficult task to (Y/N) and Natasha, but since they had Steve along with them, they had to teach him the way to sneak in without being noticed.

(Y/N) wore a simple black shirt with a dark green hoodie over it, along with classic skinny jeans and tennis shoes. Natasha wore a similar clothing, but Steve decided on wearing both glasses and a cap.

The trio walked through the people of the mall normally, trying to seem as natural as possible. They didn't want to draw any attention to themselves.

"First rule of going on the run is don't run, walk." Natasha explained while Steve looked around.

"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off." Steve said.

They entered to an electronic store and moved into one of the computers, both Steve and (Y/N) leaning in close to Natasha in a way to hide the screen from the people around them.

"The drive had a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up S.H.I.E.L.D will know exactly where we are." Natasha said.

"How much time will we have?" Steve asked.

"About nine minutes from now," Natasha answered as she inserted the drive into the laptop.

Steve continued to look around cautiously while (Y/N) helped Natasha with the files inside the drive.

"Fury was right about that ship. Somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI. It keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands." Natasha muttered.

"Can you override it?" Steve questioned.

"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me. Slightly." Natasha scoffed.

(Y/N) snorted. "Yeah, right."

"Try running a tracer," she continued. "This is a program that S.H.I.E.L.D developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from."

"I'm already doing that," Natasha informed.

"Can I help you guys with anything?" A worker suddenly approached the trio.

Startled, Steve looked up from the screen and locked eyes with (Y/N), but before she could come up with a quick lie, Natasha spoke up.

"Oh, no. I'm helping my sister and her fiancé in trying to find honeymoon destinations." she smirked.

"It needs to be special, you know." (Y/N) added on the lie smoothly.