ೃ⁀➷xiii. sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ʀᴇᴠᴇᴀʟᴇᴅ

__________________________

NATASHA HAD WOKEN up from her short nap and informed (Y/N) and Steve that they were already getting closer to their destination.

Steve parked the car right in front of a fence that covered the perimeter of what it seemed to be an old military camp.

"This is it?" Steve asked Natasha as the trio stepped out of the car.

"The file came from these coordinates." Natasha said.

"So did I." Steve confessed.

The trio climbed over the fence carefully and crept around the camp cautiously, but the place seemed to be abandoned a long time ago, since some plants were already claiming the place once again.

"This camp is where I was trained," Steve explained.

"Change much?" (Y/N) questioned.

"A little." Steve replied.

"This is a dead end," Natasha announced. "Zero heat signatures, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off."

Steve turned around and his expression changed into a frown, which caused the women to worry.

"What is it?" Natasha asked.

"Army regulations forbid storing munitions within 500 yards of the barracks. This building is in the wrong place." Steve explained.

The trio walked up to what it seemed to be bunker, and Steve used his shield to break the lock placed on the door before they stepped in.

They walked down a row of stairs that lead them downstairs to a dark room. Steve turned on the lights and a faint light flickered before it turned on, revealing a room filled with office desks and equipment.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D." (Y/N) said as they walked through the room.

"Maybe where it started." Steve stated as they continued walking through another door, which had three pictures of different people on one of the walls.

One had the image of a young man, who seemed familiar to all of them. The one to the right had a picture of a woman with short hair and painted lips, while the last one had the photo of an older man in a military suit.

"Stark's father," Natasha muttered as she spotted the picture on the middle.

"Howard." Steve said.