ೃ⁀➷ xxvi. ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪᴇʟᴅ

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

WHEN THE EVENING arrived to the house, Fury finally decided to pop his head in the situation and called the team into the dining room for a small 'meeting', discussing what would be the next move to take down Ultron.

(Y/N) sat beside Natasha on one chair of the dining table and drank from her glass of lemonade, listening to what Fury was saying.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time," he spoke up. "My contacts all say he's building something."

(Y/N) felt a tap in her shoulder and looked up to see Lila with something in her hands, nervously handing it to her and waiting for her reaction. (Y/N)'s eyes softened when she saw the heart drawing the young girl had made and caressed her cheek in appreciation.

"The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing," Fury continued as he walked into the kitchen.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit," Fury answered. "It still doesn't help us get angle on any of his plans, though."

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony questioned.

"Yes, he is," Fury replied. "But he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare," Tony said.

"Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that." Fury muttered as he fixed himself dinner.

"Nexus?" Steve asked confused.

"It's the world Internet hub in Oslo. Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth." Bruce explained.

"So, what did they say?" Clint asked.

"He's fixated on the missiles," Fury said. "But the codes are constantly being changed."

"By whom?" Tony questioned.

"Parties unknown."

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha spoke up.

"Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo," Tony said. "Find our unknown."